Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

Real Madrid apparently spent 303M euros in their 5 signings for next season:

Rodrygo (Santos) - 45M

Eder Militao (Porto) - 50M

Luka Jovic (Eintracht Frankfurt) - 60M

Eden Hazard (Chelsea) - 100M

Ferland Mendy (Lyon) - 48M

This beats their previous record of 260M spent back in 2009 for Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaká, Karim Benzema, Xabi Alonso, Alvaro Arbeloa, Raul Albiol, Alvaro Negredo and Antonio Adan.

I don't know if those figures are accurate. Those were the numbers in the paper I read. 

We aren't even in July yet! o_O

Edited by Malenko

All the La Liga top three sides are in a huge state of transition right now. Barca BADLY need some new blood because last season again proved how dependent they are on Messi. If you can just get guys like Andy Robertson and Fabinho to take him out of a match, they're easily defeated 4-0 😉.

But seriously, Suarez is getting old and struggles in Europe anymore, Dembele is inconsistent, and while Phil's heart is in Barcelona he left his boots on Merseyside. Busquets is clearly on the decline, and Pique & Rakitic can't go on forever. Atletico are on the verge of a massive crisis - they've lost Godin, Hernandez, and Juanfran; they're going to lose Griezmann; and they're likely to lose Oblak and Rodri. 

Real were a shambles last year, but they're going to be miles better and potentially La Liga Champions with how they're acting right now. I expect Hazard to absolutely light Spain up, and I can see him linking up so well with a selfless player like Benzema.

Apparently these signings are happening now to get around new FFP rules that come in in July, so expect Real's business to carry on well into July and August - it's essentially two windows for them, pre-new rules and post-new rules. Mbappe is apparently one they're targeting.

13 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

Apparently these signings are happening now to get around new FFP rules that come in in July, so expect Real's business to carry on well into July and August - it's essentially two windows for them, pre-new rules and post-new rules. Mbappe is apparently one they're targeting.

Yeh the rumours are the big money signing will be after July and will be one of the likes of Pogba, Eriksen, Mbappe etc.

1 hour ago, Malenko said:

Welcome to 2019 where your 100M signing isn't your "big money signing". :mellow:

None of the players I named will be sold for less than 100mil. 

Chelsea did some great business considering Hazard had one year left on his deal. 

17 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Looks like Villa have signed Wesley. Who is Wesley, I am not certain.

He's a beast on FM.

He scored 10 goals in the Belgian League last season, which if we subject to a modified version of the 'Afonso Alves' co-efficient as it's Belgium and not the Netherlands and then carry the Vincent Janssen number, means he will score...

*checks notes*

minus 8 goals next season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

He's a beast on FM.

He scored 10 goals in the Belgian League last season, which if we subject to a modified version of the 'Afonso Alves' co-efficient as it's Belgium and not the Netherlands and then carry the Vincent Janssen number, means he will score...

*checks notes*

minus 8 goals next season.

Benteke did a job - that changes the equation a little right?