FIFA Women's World Cup 2019

Lineker

46 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I also somehow didn't know if you didn't want to lose someone you can just play with less people until they are ready to come back. I've watched a good deal of Soccer but I think I only pay attention when it's time for the women to go

And the ref has to give them the signal to come back on, they cant just waltz onto the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Has it always been like that? I know I would have totally tried sneaking back on

For as long as I can remember.

This is gong to be an exciting finish

Rapinoe is great. Not only is she a great player, she pissed off the neutrals with the celebrating after the 23rd goal against Thailand, pissed off Trump and his supporters and knocked France out of ther World Cup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TCO said:

Are players allowed stand inside the box for goal kicks now? Looks bizarre.

Yep. Also no attackers standing in the wall plus the aforementioned no more contested drop balls. :(

20 minutes ago, Colly said:

Yep. Also no attackers standing in the wall plus the aforementioned no more contested drop balls. :(

That's a bit shit. Makes goal kicks a bit easier when playing out the backmreally which there is no need for!

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

They barely ever did contested drop balls anyway, I think I only saw two or three last season.

England v USA next week is going to be huge.

But they're so much fun when they do happen :(

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

They barely ever did contested drop balls anyway, I think I only saw two or three last season.

A drop ball when there's been some shithousery is one of the greatest things in football. It's basically the only reason for having Jonjo Shelvey in a squad.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MDK said:

Bigger than the mens match in the South Africa World Cup for me, Clive.

I doubt I'll have a better night than that  on Tuesday to be fair, I was watching Rage Against the Machine at Donington.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TCO said:

Are players allowed stand inside the box for goal kicks now? Looks bizarre.

Yes, plus the ball doesn't have to leave the box before a defender can touch it.

11 hours ago, Adam said:

I doubt I'll have a better night than that  on Tuesday to be fair, I was watching Rage Against the Machine at Donington.

Ditto except it was Michael Monroe on the 3rd stage.

(I'd seen RATM a few weeks earlier at the free show they put on at Finsbury Park)

• Like 1