WWE 2K20

It's not really surprising.  It's six years into 2k taking over and barely anything has changed.  They've been using the Yukes engine this entire time and they fell into the same mindset EA do with their yearly sports releases - there's no real incentive to change much if people keep buying the game every year.

Although this game is technically the first one fully under Visual Concepts, the split with Yukes wasn't announced until August and they're still supporting with the engine for this game.  I'd love to think that Visual Concepts are now working on a new engine for 2k21 out of necessity and it will actually look and feel like a brand new game next year.  But even with Yukes gone I can see them just trying to recycle the same game as long as possible.

I hate that they named the damn characters in the Career mode. Like that has honestly killed 90% of my hype around that mode. It seems like a tiny thing but having to play to that name in my creation is a creativity limiter. I'm not playing Mycareer, I'm playing Trecareer. Crap like that should be done the same as ring intros were there's a bunch of recorded names to pick from for the game to use. It can sound a little off, just don't limit me.

• Like 1

Nice of them to finally do this after they'd already revealed a pretty substantial chunk of the roster including a bunch of first timers.

In any event the questions mostly seem to be with NXT UK.  All of the UK talent they've announced can be explained.  Dunne and Bate were always going to be back in, Seven was a snub last year and appearing regularly on NXT last year, Toni won the Mae Young Classic, Rhea was the inaugural UK Women's champion, and Mark Andrews was making appearances on 205 Live.

Wouldn't surprise me if that's it, though if there are more I could maybe see Drake and Gibson sneaking in as the inaugural UK Tag champs.  If not I could see them in a UK DLC with WALTER and some others.

So I'm about halfway through this video and so far the only new name is Molly Holly, but there's a lot of entrance footage. I'll edit this post when I hear more (unexpected, or legend) names.

EDIT: We get non-Bludgeon Brother attire Harper as well.Brian Kendrick is back in and Jaxson Ryker is in too. That seems like it's pretty much it for the new people in this game that weren't previously announced. A bunch of the roster is shown at the end of the video in text, and they're all in the spoilers below (but it's not the full roster, as they announced some within the video but most of them were already known or obvious inclusions anyway).

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Also, Zombie Sami Zayn in the Bump in the Night pack.

Full list of removals: 

Spoiler

Konnor
Viktor
Epico
Primo
Lio Rush
Killian Dain
Vader
Alundra Blayze
Ivory
Jacqueline
Greg Valentine
Rick Rude
Bam Bam Bigelow
Rick Martel
Robert Gibson
Ricky Morton
Tatanka
Sycho Sid
Rikishi
Mr Perfect
Alexander Wolfe
DDP
British Bulldog
Jason Jordan
Dean Ambrose
Chris Jericho
Goldust
Hideo Itami
Nick Miller
TJP
Rhyno
Tye Dillinger

3 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

So does the removal of Alexander Wolfe and no mention of Walter, Barthel and Aichner mean that we will be getting an Imperium DLC? And why remove Leo Rush unless they are planning on giving us a Crusierweight DLC pack?

I don't think we're getting any current stars DLC, it's possible, but it seems to me like they're focusing on this 2K Originals stuff which seems like it's gonna be alternate versions of people already on the roster.