Sign in to follow this  
RoHitman Reigns

WWE 2K20

4 hours ago, Lint said:

aka The Madden Principle

Well, EA Sports on the whole. They hit gold with FIFA Ultimate Team and decided that's all they needed to focus on in their sports titles going forward.

I watched an OutsideXBox Let's Play of the start of career mode and was embarrassed by how bad the quality is, particularly the hair rendering which seems to act independently of the person it's attached to.

It's baffling how far it has regressed, you could be excused for thinking they're holding steady until the next gen consoles but even 2K21 is going to be on PS4/XBone.

Elias' entrance is pretty cool tho

Can they never just take audio like this from a show or something, or just tell them to project as though delivering a promo? Or just record it at a show. He's talking like he's on the phone instead of in front of thousands of people.

2 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Can they never just take audio like this from a show or something, or just tell them to project as though delivering a promo? Or just record it at a show. He's talking like he's on the phone instead of in front of thousands of people.

I've wondered about things like this. It was the same with Mr. Kennedy and Enzo and Cass. It never sounds as if they're using a microphone in an arena, and it's made worse by the fact that there's no background crowd noise. I remember the voiced season mode/Road to Wrestlemania stories sounding as if they'd done nothing to mask the fact that the wrestlers were reading lines from an empty sound booth, and not a live event in front of thousands.

I can see that some people will probably love the fantasy stuff but it's definitely not for me. I would have rathered a more fleshed out roster and then, if room, more legends. 

I'd love the fantasy stuff as a special mode, or DLC, as part of a more fleshed out game - why not take the opportunity to do in video games what can't be done in real life? 

But in a game that's so obviously lazy, rushed and broken as this, it can fuck right off. Whether it's the case or not, it looks like they've focused on the silly stuff at the expense of quality elsewhere.

• Like 1

They got The Fiend's entrance wrong. 

I will give them this though, they fucking nailed the commentators talking over shit and ruining moments! Perfect simulation/

• Like 1

Speaking of entrances, I wonder if the lighting in Randy Orton’s entrance is synced correctly yet.

With how they did almost no promotion for this game nor reveal anything until two weeks before release, just made me think about how much I looked forward to these games back around high school.  I remember back around SVR 2006, IGN would do the SmackDown Countdown in the months leading up to release.  Every weekday, they'd put up a post for someone on the roster showing their stats, some images, and videos of their entrance and finisher.

It was just the easiest thing to geek out over and make you anticipate the game even more, especially because the detail in every character was incredible by 2005 standards.

• Like 5

I remember those countdowns, absolutely loved it. Getting really excited when the day was for someone who was new in the game, even if it was just Mr. Kennedy or Carlito.

• Like 1

I remember those too. I was always so hyped for those. I also remembering analysing every screenshot and marking out over the smallest details. Like when they posted the first screenshots for WrestleMania 21 (does anyone remember this one?) and it showed that they added detailed textures for the soles of the boots. Or that the Dudleys had updated attires with black pants instead of yellow camo pants. Or that they finally gave Christian his wristbands in the initial SmackDown Vs Raw. I would count the days until the release of these games. I wish that I could still get this hyped for stuff.

Edited by Hellraiser

4 hours ago, Adam said:

I remember those countdowns, absolutely loved it. Getting really excited when the day was for someone who was new in the game, even if it was just Carlito.

That's not cool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Putting games out in a ‘broken’/incomplete state seems to be the norm now (thinking FIFA 20 Career mode).

Pointless Trumpeting the new features if the base game doesn’t work.

’Never Mind we’ll patch it in 3 months...’

Edited by marksbros6
Spelling

Games come out broken because the majority of users don't care about the quality of games, they care about the gambling mechanics and virtual card collecting. That's where the money maker is and as long as that remains the case, games are going to suck.

It's the same reason we just went a generation of consoles without a Grand Theft Auto release after getting at two per cycle before. Idiots keep handing over money for less and less game.

And people will still convince themselves to buy this piece of shit game out of habit and brand loyalty to WWE.

• Like 4

Lol, how fucking shite is this

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Is that Trump mocking the disabled reporter?

Post image

This is a potential horrifying glitch in the blood system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2