WWE 2K20

I just wanna know how the hell they managed to make the game look worse. That never happened before. The graphics either improved from installment to installment or stagnated. But they never downgraded them (I'm not counting handheld or Nintendo ports). Why?

1 hour ago, Trent Buschetta said:

Even one of the YouTubers flown out to try out the game early is giving an honest take instead of just blindly sucking up.

Here's another one that's even more damning. I just timestamped it at the end summary but he's pretty critical of it top to bottom, more so than the first guy.

4 hours ago, Meacon said:

So not only do you get to play as a psychopath, but geez, the graphics are even worse in "action". Both the female and male main characters look like absolute jokes. 

Someone on /r/sc said it, and I agree, those graphics look like they pulled them straight from Bully

Good god, look at the female character model.

The story isn't told in a linear fashion - you start the day of the Hall of Fame, reflecting back on your life and career.

But, to recap this video: The Rock is President in 2029. Glenn Jacobs was his opponent in the election. X-Pac is on a mustard only diet. There's already two fictional flashback matches, one where you face a school bully as the female character, and the other where you fight a legend as the male character.

It's all just a little bit too wacky for me. Same thing with last year, if I'm remembering correctly (the Multiverse stuff was in MyCareer, right?). Just a big meh from me. If the graphics didn't look like horseshit, I might get it eventually, just to do Universe as AEW, but... yeah, I think I'll just go back to 2K19 probably. I think a lot of people will.

5 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

I just wanna know how the hell they managed to make the game look worse. That never happened before. The graphics either improved from installment to installment or stagnated. But they never downgraded them (I'm not counting handheld or Nintendo ports). Why?

Yukes stopped developing the games, and whilst Visual Concepts had six years to prepare for their inevitable takeover of development, they did fuck all.

So they had to scramble to build their own engine with Yukes providing only token consulting.

With the state of the NBA 2K franchise, this is honestly unsurprising how much VC has shit the bed here.

That entire developer lives on the mantra of "Why put in effort when there's no competition".

1 hour ago, Jasonmufc said:

Yukes stopped developing the games, and whilst Visual Concepts had six years to prepare for their inevitable takeover of development, they did fuck all.

So they had to scramble to build their own engine with Yukes providing only token consulting.

With the state of the NBA 2K franchise, this is honestly unsurprising how much VC has shit the bed here.

That entire developer lives on the mantra of "Why put in effort when there's no competition".

aka The Madden Principle

Also I am definitely getting some Schadenfreude out of the fact VC has tried the same trick* they do with NBA 2K to get positive PR and it's blowing up in their faces because nobody is giving them good reviews.

*Inviting the big wwe 2k streamers to a special preview bonanza where they're given the red carpet legendaryiconstar treatment to try and basically bribe them into giving good preview PR.

I watched an OutsideXBox Let's Play of the start of career mode and was embarrassed by how bad the quality is, particularly the hair rendering which seems to act independently of the person it's attached to.

It's baffling how far it has regressed, you could be excused for thinking they're holding steady until the next gen consoles but even 2K21 is going to be on PS4/XBone.