WWE 2K20

2 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Can they never just take audio like this from a show or something, or just tell them to project as though delivering a promo? Or just record it at a show. He's talking like he's on the phone instead of in front of thousands of people.

I've wondered about things like this. It was the same with Mr. Kennedy and Enzo and Cass. It never sounds as if they're using a microphone in an arena, and it's made worse by the fact that there's no background crowd noise. I remember the voiced season mode/Road to Wrestlemania stories sounding as if they'd done nothing to mask the fact that the wrestlers were reading lines from an empty sound booth, and not a live event in front of thousands.

I'd love the fantasy stuff as a special mode, or DLC, as part of a more fleshed out game - why not take the opportunity to do in video games what can't be done in real life? 

But in a game that's so obviously lazy, rushed and broken as this, it can fuck right off. Whether it's the case or not, it looks like they've focused on the silly stuff at the expense of quality elsewhere.

• Like 1

With how they did almost no promotion for this game nor reveal anything until two weeks before release, just made me think about how much I looked forward to these games back around high school.  I remember back around SVR 2006, IGN would do the SmackDown Countdown in the months leading up to release.  Every weekday, they'd put up a post for someone on the roster showing their stats, some images, and videos of their entrance and finisher.

It was just the easiest thing to geek out over and make you anticipate the game even more, especially because the detail in every character was incredible by 2005 standards.

• Like 5

I remember those too. I was always so hyped for those. I also remembering analysing every screenshot and marking out over the smallest details. Like when they posted the first screenshots for WrestleMania 21 (does anyone remember this one?) and it showed that they added detailed textures for the soles of the boots. Or that the Dudleys had updated attires with black pants instead of yellow camo pants. Or that they finally gave Christian his wristbands in the initial SmackDown Vs Raw. I would count the days until the release of these games. I wish that I could still get this hyped for stuff.

Edited by Hellraiser

Games come out broken because the majority of users don't care about the quality of games, they care about the gambling mechanics and virtual card collecting. That's where the money maker is and as long as that remains the case, games are going to suck.

It's the same reason we just went a generation of consoles without a Grand Theft Auto release after getting at two per cycle before. Idiots keep handing over money for less and less game.

And people will still convince themselves to buy this piece of shit game out of habit and brand loyalty to WWE.

• Like 4