WWE 2K20

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

A complete (or near enough) roster including NXT UK would be far more of a selling point for me than legends that I would barely use - looking at you Brutus Beefcake and Greg Valentine.

Was Larry Zbyszko still in last year? I never understood why they took out Arn but Left Larry in. Who wants to play as Larry Zbyszk?

7 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

Was Larry Zbyszko still in last year? I never understood why they took out Arn but Left Larry in. Who wants to play as Larry Zbyszk?

Most of the HOF guys get to be in the game for a few years due to the Legends contract they signed at the time. 

4 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

A complete (or near enough) roster including NXT UK would be far more of a selling point for me than legends that I would barely use - looking at you Brutus Beefcake and Greg Valentine.

Talking ill about the Booty Man?

Come on, get some. (YEAH YEAH)

Did anyone actually believe that there would be big changes this year? This is probably the last WWE game developed exclusively for this console generation. They were never going to pull out all the stops for this one. If there is any hope for change then it is going to be the jump to the next console generation. Although I hope 2K21 doesn't end up like 2K15 which barely had any features because they had to rebuild the game from scratch. At least I think that was the explanation they gave.

The leap to the next console generation sometimes means that even less changes because they're trying to develop for two different sets of consoles. If memory serves me correctly, 2k14, Smackdown vs Raw 2006 and Smackdown 2 were the last major games of their respective generations, and they were all very solid titles that had some interesting new features. Meanwhile, 2k15, SvR 2007 and Just Bring It were generally considered to be weaker than their predecessors.

• Like 1

Is anyone else Hardcore into making their own original wrestlers and just simming CPU vs CPU matches with them rather than actually "playing" the games?

I swear the games AI is busted. Me and a buddy keep having it where a CAW will fight like dog shit, but we change one move (usually the signature or finisher) and they suddenly fight completely differently. Or we will shuffle the placement of moves around on the move position slots and it'll be the same story. The moves themselves shouldn't affect a wrestler's effectiveness in the ring, should they? I mean, what are all those abilities, skills, attributes, personality traits and global options settings and AI sliders for... Fancy window dressing? And why does a character that sucks in Exhibition magically best everyone in Tournament Matches and Universe Mode, why is there unspoken differences in the AI?

The first chapter of the Women's Evolution Showcase is Becky's NXT debut where you have to press buttons in sequence like Parappa the Rapper to make her dance.

• Haha 1

They have also announced details about the collector's and deluxe edition. If you buy either of those you'll get the accelerator, MyCareer kickstart, every WWE 2K20 Originals content package as well as Chyna, Hulk Hogan, "500$ Shirt" The Rock and Rock'n'Sock Connection Mankind. If you buy the Collector's Edition (which is SmackDown themed this year), you'll get a piece of a WWE SmackDown! ring skirt used between 2002 and 2008 as well as a WWE SmackDown! legend plaque autographed by either Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio or Edge.

Source: IGN.com