2019 College Football Thread

Court documents have shown that LSU's Ed Ingram sexually assaulted two minors when he was 16. I'm not really sure why it's only defined as sexual assault and not rape, considering that he "anally and vaginally penetrated them with his penis". That.. sounds like rape, no?

https://deadspin.com/malcolm-gladwells-penn-state-rabbit-hole-isnt-very-deep-1838381737

Last week, Malcolm Gladwell was on Bill Simmons' podcast giving a half-assed defense of Joe Paterno. Tom Ley of Deadspin took issue and wrote a blog post about it, and Gladwell got in touch with him.

He offered to send me a copy of his new book, which he said might “modify [my] position on Paterno’s culpability” in regards to the former Penn State coach’s inaction upon being informed in 2001 that Sandusky was seen sexually abusing a boy in the football team’s showers. “Btw not sure how far you have gone down this particular rabbit hole,” Gladwell wrote in a later message. “But I’ll warn you. It’s a SERIOUS rabbit hole! Be careful or you’ll never re-emerge. :-).”

Gladwell’s chapter on Sandusky and Penn State is titled “The Boy In The Shower,” and it has two aims. The first is to poke holes in the established narrative of Sandusky’s crimes and conviction, and the second is to demonstrate how a suddenly complicated version of the story evinces the strength of Gladwell’s favorite new theory of social psychology.

3 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Cool I have been looking for a team to support. I dig the purple too

And the head coach is from Orland Park, played at Northwestern, and has no desire to ever leave the school. And he's a legit, sincere nice guy that doesn't recruit criminals for the sake of victories. I really, really like Pat Fitzgerald. He's definitely one of the good guys in college football. 

What a great punt return negated by stupid, unnecessary block in the back. The angle the tackler had wouldn't have made the play anyway. 

• Like 1

The end of this A&M/Arkansas game is going down to the wire @whatever Cloudy's name is. 

That Arkansas offensive line was one of the worst I've seen in a very long time. I watched the last...six minutes of the game? And literally every time the QB dropped back, he was running for his life. 

And it's a damn shame Northwestern didn't just kick the extra points after their two touchdowns or else they'd be driving to tie the game against #8 Wisconsin. 

Yeah I got a notification that we were on A&M's 42 and saw the score (31-27, final :() and was like nah, we'll figure out how to blow it.

36 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

I understand why North Carolina went for 2 because beating Clemson in OT would’ve been virtually impossible.  But man what an awful play call.  Clemson weren’t even remotely fooled.

Clemson’s punter is as athletic as NC’s offense. Not sure why they thought they’d be able to outspeed perhaps the fastest team in the country.

Not sure where else to post this, but Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 brings college football back to consoles.

Saw some gameplay from it.  Its obviously not NCAA based and the gameplay itself is rather janky, but it seems like it could be a solid base to be built on in future games, if it sticks around