2019 College Football Thread

On 10/9/2019 at 2:38 AM, Lint said:

I don't always like Coach Franklin.  He tends to choke in big games.  But his response to this letter is great.  

Also, really hate the people who wrote the letter seem to be OK with child rape.  

https://deadspin.com/penn-state-confiscates-players-shirts-supporting-teamma-1839008227

During their pregame warmups, Penn State football players wore shirts in that supported teammate Jonathan Sutherland, who received a letter from an old white couple that chided him for his shoulder-length dreadlocks. The shirts played off of the team’s rallying cry and read “Chains, Tattoos, Dreads, & WE ARE.” However, these shirts didn’t remain on the field for long as Penn State staff members soon approached players to confiscate them.

ESPN’s Holly Rowe reported that coach James Franklin wasn’t pleased with the decision to wear the shirts saying, “Hey, I’m just upset that we didn’t talk about it. The players did this on their own.” He added that he felt this was an unnecessary move because this concern had already been addressed this past week.

I think the Surrender Index was brought up in the NFL thread, but there was one play in the UConn/Tulane game that would be embarrassingly high on that ranking.  UConn was on Tulane's 45, down 28, and it was 4th and 1 - and punted.

I'm not a UConn football fan, which I'm thankful for because they're embarrassing the last few years.  The best thing to have happened at the Rent this year was Hartford Athletic, the soccer team.

6 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

I think the Surrender Index was brought up in the NFL thread, but there was one play in the UConn/Tulane game that would be embarrassingly high on that ranking.  UConn was on Tulane's 45, down 28, and it was 4th and 1 - and punted.

I'm not a UConn football fan, which I'm thankful for because they're embarrassing the last few years.  The best thing to have happened at the Rent this year was Hartford Athletic, the soccer team.

What was the quarter and time left in it?  Those are taken into account for the Surrender Index.  You can figure it out here

https://surrender-index.glitch.me/

Goddamn, Auburn fucking stomped Arkansas and next week we've got Alabama. It's gonna be a demoralizing few weeks of football for Razorbacks fans, folks. Fire Chad Morris already. <_<

2 minutes ago, Rey Cloudy said:

Goddamn, Auburn fucking stomped Arkansas and next week we've got Alabama. It's gonna be a demoralizing few weeks of football for Razorbacks fans, folks. Fire Chad Morris already. <_<

You think that's bad? I missed out on $400 because I was naïve enough to take Arkansas at +21.5 because they were home and thought maybe they could at least keep it reasonable. Fucking hogs. <_<

On track for the 2nd ever 10 loss season in school history. Woo Pig.

In lighter news;

(everyone, including the horses, was okay.)

I know how hard it is to coach. And I know how hard it is and how destructive it could be to a quarterback's confidence to take out your senior for another QB. And I also haven't been to the practices to see how they are there. But I've said it before, and I'll say it again now: Michigan would be so much better offensively with Dylan McCaffrey in there. I just hope they don't make the switch next week when the Irish go to the Big House. Keep Tippie-Toes Patterson in for at least one more week please.