2019 College Football Thread

Tank for Tua is out, Blow for Joe is in!

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

Rumors are it's as bad as Bo Jackson's injury. Feel awful for him, millions upon millions of dollars potentially lost.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Maybe not then <_<

It wasn't the injury itself that ended Jacksons career though.  

3 hours ago, Lint said:

It wasn't the injury itself that ended Jacksons career though.  

True, it was largely a result of not treating it fast enough. With Tua it sounds like they treated it fast enough, but we still won't know for a year or so if he's not gonna need a hip replacement. And if he does, no doctor in America is gonna clear him to play football.

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Oregon pissing away the Pac-12's playoff hopes.

Herm Edwards has been so much better at Arizona State than I ever expected he'd be.

I had planned to come in here to ask somebody to convince me that Utah didn't stand a chance at making the playoffs and that I shouldn't get my hopes up...but now, I just want to point how good Utah has been playing and say that they deserve to be in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Pooker said:

Pretty much got to pray that Auburn pulls off a miracle next week and beats Alabama. And Ohio State losing to Michigan. And Utah wins the Pac-12. Then we stand a chance at the playoffs.

Right? 😥

I think you needed a strong Oregon win, unfortunately, since they had you behind them pending what looked like a play in game.

6 hours ago, Pooker said:

I had planned to come in here to ask somebody to convince me that Utah didn't stand a chance at making the playoffs and that I shouldn't get my hopes up...but now, I just want to point how good Utah has been playing and say that they deserve to be in the playoffs.

Utah's been great and maybe if they win out they do get in. Let's say Georgia loses to LSU and then Utah plays one more game than Alabama and looks dominant in it.

It's not outside the realm of possibility. Utah might control their own destiny.

Aidan Atkinson, a high school player committed to Northwestern who's broken numerous state records in Colorado, was arrested Friday morning for sexually assaulting multiple women on a party bus in 2018.