Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
K

Free Solo is available on All4 for free

Recommended Posts

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/free-solo

Free Solo is a multiple-award winning documentary film about Alex Honnold, and his quest to become the first person ever to 'Free Solo' climb the El Capitan rock formation in Yosemitie,  El Capitan is over 900m of sheer rock face, and Free Solo means no ropes, no assistance. It's NUTS.

I watched it on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago and paid $10 and it was totally worth it, so you should absolutely watch it now that you can for free.

Here's the poster. This is an accurate representation of the film. 

MV5BMjMwYjcwNWQtNTQ5YS00MzVlLTkxYzMtNDIw

Here's the trailer:

I absolutely loved it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a severe phobia of falling from a great height (not a fear of heights weirdly), so I'm a big nope. I didn't even make it through the first minute of the trailer without having to look away. Looks interesting though. 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh yeah it's definitely not for you then. I can recommend some movies about roped climbing if that's more your thing :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Kraig said:

I have a severe phobia of falling from a great height (not a fear of heights weirdly), so I'm a big nope. I didn't even make it through the first minute of the trailer without having to look away. Looks interesting though. 😩

I made it to about 1 minute and 10 seconds before I chickened out.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K said:

I absolutely loved it.

 

But in the realm of films about climbing El Capitan, is it better than Star Trek V? :shifty: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, K said:

oh yeah it's definitely not for you then. I can recommend some movies about roped climbing if that's more your thing :lol:

Cliffhanger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid of heights, sort of. Once told someone that if I had gone military, I'd have wanted to be an attack helicopter pilot (or Apache helicopter gunner), and they looked at me like I was crazy. Height only bothers me if its open air. If I'm enclosed, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely loved Free Solo. Watched it in 4k a few weeks ago and it was brilliant. Had to pause it midway through the final section as I was getting too anxious and needed to chill out for a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Absolutely loved Free Solo. Watched it in 4k a few weeks ago and it was brilliant. Had to pause it midway through the final section as I was getting too anxious and needed to chill out for a bit.

Check out the Dawn Wall on Netflix if you want something similar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, K said:

Check out the Dawn Wall on Netflix if you want something similar

Yeah my tattoo artist was telling me about it after I watched Free Solo, it's been in my queue since but Easy and Brooklyn 99 are far too distracting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. To learn more, see our Privacy Policy