E3 2019

GoGo Yubari

Mac's new show is a mockumentary about a game development studio, Ubisoft are consulting. It looks like it could go either way.

There's a new guy in Rainbow 6 Siege. He looks like James Bond with a moustache. I'm sure R6 fans will love it.

Adventure Time are coming to Brawhalla. It makes sense because it's 5 years too late to be relevant but so is Brawlhalla. Also the voices of Finn and Jake aren't the real voices and it's, yeah, it's not good.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint had a trailer and Jon Bernthel's in it and now he's on stage and he has a dog with him. The dog is adorable.

Maaaan, NOTHING that’s been announced appeals to me yet - save for MAYBE Watch Dogs Legion. I have reservations though, having heard the previous two are just okay at best.

The vast majority of games just look like a knock-off of 12 or so games that came before, whether through story, gameplay, concept, or aesthetic. Watch Dogs is by no means immune here, but at least it has lofty goals and - perhaps more importantly - some kind of sense of humor. Just a fuckload of self-serious shit out there.

2 minutes ago, Josh to the World said:

Maaaan, NOTHING that’s been announced appeals to me yet - save for MAYBE Watch Dogs Legion. I have reservations though, having heard the previous two are just okay at best.

The vast majority of games just look like a knock-off of 12 or so games that came before, whether through story, gameplay, concept, or aesthetic. Watch Dogs is by no means immune here, but at least it has lofty goals and - perhaps more importantly - some kind of sense of humor. Just a fuckload of self-serious shit out there.

Watch Dogs 2 was good!

• Like 1

There's a mobile game with Sam Fisher in it which means we're probably not getting a Splinter Cell reveal today. :(

Just Dance commercials are always my favourite. They're always absolutely bonkers.

Just Dance 2020 confirmed for the Wii. Yes, the Wii. I'm pretty sure it was 2018's version of Just Dance that sold better on the Wii than any other platform. There's some fun trivia for you.

For Honor has been killing it and I don't know a single person who's ever actually played it. Good for them I guess.

Rainbow Six Quanartine comes out March 2020. Three player co-op. Sounds like a scary zombified version of Siege.

For a dead lad, Tom Clancy's doing alright for himself.

Division 2 is having a free weekend between June 13th and 16th. I urge y'all to play it, I fucking loved every minute of that game.

oh hey I can post again!

I thought that was really bad from Ubisoft. The new Watch Dogs looks good but that was unfortunately leaked, then it was a million years of Tom Clancy. Gods and Monsters could be interesting but there's really not much to go on.

Yeah, the whole conference wasn't great. Honestly, none of the conferences have been that good so far. Hoping for big things from Square and Nintendo.

Also if you like dumb indie games, Kinda Funny have an indie showcase with 60+ games streaming in 2 hours on youtube, Square is in 3 hours so it slots in quite nicely:

Xbox announced the end of backwards compatibility with some Xbox originals, the last set of 360 backwards compatible titles (including some awesome RPGs and Too Human for free) and Xbox One X enhancements for all the original Rare games. They're doing this so that the team can focus on making sure that all games that work on the Xbox One today will work on Scarlett which is great news.

I'm only watching this for the Avengers stuff. Everything else that I care about during E3 has been covered (Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk) so this is the last thing for me.

Well, maybe the Final Fantasy remake, but I'm not a giant fan of FF or turn based shit. Now, if it was a remake of Final Fantasy 10....

1 minute ago, tristy said:

I'm only watching this for the Avengers stuff. Everything else that I care about during E3 has been covered (Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk) so this is the last thing for me.

Well, maybe the Final Fantasy remake, but I'm not a giant fan of FF or turn based shit. Now, if it was a remake of Final Fantasy 10....

The FF remake has already been shown not to be turn based.

Eh, well. It's possible to play a turn-based FF7 as it is. I've enjoyed most of what I've seen here and honestly a different system almost incentivizes me to play it more.

• Like 1

Just now, GoGo Yubari said:

Eh, well. It's possible to play a turn-based FF7 as it is. I've enjoyed most of what I've seen here and honestly a different system almost incentivizes me to play it more.

Yes, but a turn based FF7 with these graphics would be much more amazing. Agian, I'll buy it because I'm an FF fan and it's beautiful but...

Yeah this has been pretty underwhelming so far. A lot of Remasters and other BS. I haven't played Kingdom Hearts III yet but I might be interested in the DLC.

Ugh Shadowbringers!

I do wonder if I would enjoy this on the PS4 rather than PC.