E3 2019

GoGo Yubari

6 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Bear in mind that you'll have to pay again. Xbox One subscriptions aren't compatible with PS4 ones.

In which case, I retract my statement. I thought it might be a one account deal, since it was an external company.

Yeah but that external company is EA. They ain't giving nothing for free.

Also I'm weirdly excited for Microsoft tonight. I don't have an Xbox but with Sony not being there and them trying to play catch-up, they're going to come out swinging.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Is it? Shit! Not sure why I thought it was 1pm my time. 

I looked on twitter and I think you're right actually. But please someone else confirm this :P 

3 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I looked on twitter and I think you're right actually. But please someone else confirm this :P 

Ok no I was right. Or more accurately GoGo was

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Why no Sony?

They probably felt like they didn't need to attend since they are doing their 'State of Play' things recently. And probably going to have their own big event later in the year (likely to go along with the Playstation 25th anniversary)

15 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Why no Sony?

They're in an awkward transition period between PS4 and PS5. They're not ready to show off the PS5 yet, but the remaining big PS4 games are the same ones they showed at last year's show, which was dragged out enough as it is.

2 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

There's going to be a PS5? As someone who last owned a PS2, I'm never going to get back into gaming, am I?

Usually every 6-8 years there's as new console. The PS4 is almost 6 😛 Also, you don't need to jump on the latest... the PS3 and PS4 have some amazing games that are worth checking out. 

13 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

They're in an awkward transition period between PS4 and PS5. They're not ready to show off the PS5 yet, but the remaining big PS4 games are the same ones they showed at last year's show, which was dragged out enough as it is.

I think they've already started showing it off behind closed doors.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Why no Sony?

Said they didn't have anything new to show. It's a holding year for them, last year they caught a fair bit of flack because they focused so much time on four games they'd already announced instead of bringing in anything new. So instead of spending top dollar to talk about nothing new they've bowed out for a year.

With the PS5 rumoured for next year I'm certain they'll be back.

Turns out that already got answered and I just forgot to refresh. Oops.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Haven't they said, or at least implied, the PS5 is going to be backward-compatible with the PS4, or did I totally imagine that? 

That's the rumor! And a big thing with the PS5 is no loading screens as it will have a SSD. I think the demo they are using shows Spiderman on the PS4... Normally a 10-15 second loading, where on the PS5 it was under a second or something