Sign in to follow this  
Lineklaus

Premier League 2019/20

Tammy again :wub:

Now DON'T CONCEDE FFS.

(and immediately Norwich hit the bar...)

I'd be absolutely stunned if we get two unanswered second half goals.

It's one thing having ALL THE PACE in the front 4 but when a team sits deep, there's no room to counter anyway. Just lacking any kind of creativity. 

Ole out.

Ole's at the wheel though. Things will be A okay!!!

😏

I'm fortunate enough to be watching this with a Gooner.

It probably wouldn't affect the outcome much but both Pepe and Auba should absolutely be burying those chances. You dont get many against liverpool, especially at Anfield so make them count.

Not too fussed tbf it would be a shock if we managed to win so eh just wish it would be less of a bumming.

9 points out of 9. Made up with that.

Expected more out of Arsenal tbh. Should have scored when Adrian for some reason came out of his area but didn't feel threatened. I didn't think we threatened much either tbf but took the chances when they came. 

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

9 points out of 9. Made up with that.

Expected more out of Arsenal tbh. Should have scored when Adrian for some reason came out of his area but didn't feel threatened. I didn't think we threatened much either tbf but took the chances when they came. 

When is Allison back? I’m guessing it’s definitely before the Chelsea game, probably not before Burnley?

24 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

When is Allison back? I’m guessing it’s definitely before the Chelsea game, probably not before Burnley?

Late September - Early October is what's floating around at the minute.

Didn’t realise we had the weekend off.

Literally all it took was Brucey swallowing his pride and playing Rafas formation and we look a completely different side, even with Christian Atsu on the field.

That and Spurs have got huge problems tactically and need to look at their positioning. I'd like Kane to try playing as a forward, I think he's quite good there rather than the deep lying playmaker role he's taken up...

We are missing Eriksen/Alli so much.

The joy of the cricket means I don't even care about this embarrassment.

• Haha 1

So very, very shit. Newcastle got it spot on and comfortably deserve the win. Think Spurs would've been luckier than against City if they'd got anything out of that performance.

Robbie Keane is struggling with basic English here.

Fuckin lol

I find Spurs' tactics somewhat baffling. I understand that Son/Moura/Lamela are all more inside forwards than they are wingers and that to get the most out of inside forwards in a 4-3-3, you want a striker to come deeper to fill the #10 pocket of space, draw the defenders out and let the wide players exploit the space in behind. Barcelona have done it for over a decade.

What I don't understand is playing to their strengths when you've got probably the best '9' in the world and you're making him receive the ball in the centre circle, completely negating his far more considerable strengths. Not to mention he's trying to do an attempt at the job of Eriksen, one of the best out and out 10's in the world, who's on the bench.

Is this like when Mourinho purposefully picked players out of position to prove a point to the board?

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Lineklaus
      Regarding that line about us - I imagine that we will be refused that by the Premier League and we'll end up on the road for the first four games - which is fine.
      Predictions! Some seemingly obvious, some bold and unlikely to actually happen...
      Top 4 - Man City, Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool. In a lot of ways I see it being a re-run of last season at the top. Emery improves Arsenal but they still fall short of cracking back into the CL spots. Chelsea struggle due to being so delayed with everything this summer (Conte's prolonged goodbye, unknown futures of Hazard and Courtois). Wolves finish in the top half of the table. Cardiff, Huddersfield, and Southampton to go down. Warnock wins the sack race; dismissed by Christmas
    • By Lineklaus
      Fixtures for the new Premier League season will be released at 9am tomorrow morning, so let's make some predictions for the new season which will probably look stupid in six months or so: 
      Spurs will only scrape top-4 due to the Wembley effect. Pep's Man City will struggle again due to Ederson failing to settle. Arsenal to finish 6th. Huddersfield and Brighton will survive. Newcastle will be relegated with a different manager in place by Christmas. Watford will be relegated. Bournemouth will finish above Southampton. Bilic or Puel will be the first manager to be sacked. Talking of Newcastle...

• By Lineklaus
      Fixtures for the new Premier League season will be released tomorrow morning, so let's make some bold predictions for the new season ahead: 
      Leicester will only manage a top-ten finish. Chelsea will only make the Europe League spots at best. Top 4 of Man City, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal. In what order I have no idea. Liverpool will just miss out towards the very end of the season. Watford to continue to struggle under a new manager, particularly if one of Deeney or Ighalo leave, and get relegated. Bournemouth build on last season and do well again. Hull to straight back down to the Championship with Middlesborough. Burnley to just scrape survival, at the expense of... let's say Crystal Palace. Koeman's Everton to finish below his old club Southampton despite spending a metric fuckton of money. Pulis (WBA) or Guidolin (Swansea) to be sacked first.
    • By Oh, Christmas Troy
      So yeah, it was kind of getting lost in the talks of actual football, but if you'd like to join the EWB Fantasy Premier League, the code is below. Use this thread for fantasy team discussions and such.
      686148-190058
    • By DavidMarrio
      I remember a while ago we used to predict who would finish where in the table so I thought I'd put EWB to the test and see who was the best at predicting what would happen in the Prem this season. Who will be our version of Paul the Octopus and who will be as good as predicting things as Mark Lawrenson. There will be 5 questions with a total of 100 points up for grab and come the end of the season I will add all the points up to crown our first winner.
      Question 1) Top goal scorer (5 points for correctly guessing the top scorer, A extra 10 points is awarded for guessing top scorer and amount of goals)
      Question 2) Most assists (5 points for correctly guessing the top assist maker, A extra 10 points is awarded for guessing top and amount of assists)
      Question 3) First team to sack their manager (10 points)
      Question 4) Predict the table (2 points for each correct position,
      Question 5) Predict the three teams which get promoted to the Prem (5 points for each team guessed correctly, If you get all three correct; a extra 5 points is awarded)

Here are my answers:

1) Diego Costa - 22 goals
      2) Coutinho- 14 Assists
      3) Watford will sack their manager first
      4) Chelsea, Man.Utd, Man.City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Swansea, Southampton, Everton, Stoke, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, West Brom, Aston Villa, Leicester, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Norwich, Watford
      5) QPR, Middlesbrough, Hull City