Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

It's our year. We will win the Charity Shield, FA Cup, League Cup, Super Cup, Club World Cup, Champions League and Prem. 

Mane will score 4 past Norwich both times 

City finally get their comeuppance for blatantly breaking FFP

United do shite under Ole and end up giving it to Quinton Fortune till end of season

• Sad 1

It feels weird posting in this thread.   Here's to attempting to not finish bottom! 

• Like 2

Somebody at the FA has a sense of humour as they’ve given us Crystal Palace, Wolves and Leicester three games in a row again. <_<

City, Chelsea, United and Everton all around the festive season looks fantastic too.

Spurs away is scheduled for exactly 16 years to the day since we won the league at their place. 16 years:(

I’m back in the country between Christmas and New Year.

May take the Mrs to one of the United or Chelsea home games. 

13 minutes ago, Colly said:

partridgeshrug.gif

Get Man Utd players into your fantasy team for November and avoid Everton in December.

Yeah, it's not like the NFL (for example) where teams don't all play the same opponents.  

Knowing us, we'll be shit / outclassed half the time, with the rest of the time divided between valiantly losing and pissing off the odd bigger team.  When we went down last time, we still managed a win over Arsenal, for example. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Adam said:

Everybody plays everybody else twice, I don't see how this means anything.

It doesn't, but you can see the potential narratives that may play out during the season. For example, on paper, I would expect Everton to be firmly inside the top six around late November and the pundits will be lauding how good of a job Marco Silva has done to get them there. Then they run into December / New Years Day, where they could concievably lose seven straight games. Then they've got a few games where they could get results, but if their confidence is shot, they could lose most of them and then they have another batch of games against the top six and suddenly Marco Silva is out of a job.

Or Man City could win their first eleven games in a row and be eight points clear of an undefeated Liverpool before they play each other in November. City win that, it's eleven points and the league is 'done', despite Man City still having to play three more games against the top six than Liverpool. But then, they might have a 'wobble' around March when they have to play four top six teams in five games, which is where Liverpool could gain ground and suddenly Man City are 'bottling it'.

Man Utd's 'easy' November might have to save Ole's job.

Villa need a big cushion to the relegation spots by the end of February as their run-in is difficult.

• Like 2

I get that, but this is all predicated on the very presumptive "x will beat y, but lose to z" that people do and in football it is so, so often proven wrong.

Taking your Everton example, why should we expect them to lose to all of the Big 6 when in recent months they have beaten Man Utd 4-0, also beaten Arsenal and Chelsea and drew with Spurs and Liverpool?

I just feel that a graph like that is pointless and something people (not sure where it's from like) are coming up with to kill time and look clever in the off-season. "Fixture difficulty" is not a thing in this sport no matter how you try to dress it up.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, it's all conjecture and it won't play out exactly that way, but the trends will be there.

Plus, my U11s could have beaten that Man Utd team.

• Like 2

The only thing I ever pay attention to with the fixture list is:

Who do we play the game closest to my birthday

When do we play Everton and Man Utd

Who do we have boxing day

49 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

The only thing I ever pay attention to with the fixture list is:

Who do we play the game closest to my birthday

When do we play Everton and Man Utd

Who do we have boxing day

the most important fixture list is who are we playing in the Club World Cup.

The money tie will be Liverpool vs Hienghéne Sport