Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

8 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

My mate is on holiday in Greece and can't use his betting apps, so he just messaged me to ask me to put £5 on a Man City win for him. :lol: 

Not out of the question now as Aguero pulled one back before HT. Those odds just dropped dramatically.

2 hours ago, Lj. said:

This is probably a stupid question, sorry. Where would someone in the States be able to watch Premier League matches? The only TV channel that plays them for me is NBCSN, but I don't want to pay for cable just for one to two channels. Are there any streaming services or on demand services out there? I'd like to keep up, but have no idea where to watch.

Edit: I asked about on demand services because most of the matches start extremely early or I'm at work while they're taking place.

NBCSN Gold has a streaming service and shows a certain amount of games that aren’t on TV. Check their website for the schedule of games.

Local NBC channels through antenna always show the 5.30pm Saturday kick-off (so, 12.30 ET), as I usually tune in to that one.

DAZN would be great, but it’s only the Canadian version that carries all the PL games.

And, lol City. Playing out from the back, then pissing around with the ball leads to another defensive mistake and goal conceded. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Honestly in the two home games I've seen this season I've seen no advantage whatsoever gained by the 'defenders going in the box on goal kicks' rule. Invites so much pressure it's ridiculous, and half the time the defender ends up clearing it anyway.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Colly said:

Honestly in the two home games I've seen this season I've seen no advantage whatsoever gained by the 'defenders going in the box on goal kicks' rule. Invites so much pressure it's ridiculous, and half the time the defender ends up clearing it anyway.

I doubt there's meant to be any advantage to it besides eliminating the occasional time the defender would take one step into the box when receiving the ball from the keeper, thus forcing the referee to sigh, blow his whistle and tell the keeper to try again.

Not that this won't stop people looking for some kind of tactical purpose to it, mind.

At half time they're talking about Auba getting a hat trick, Pepe scoring his first Arsenal goal, Arsenal moving into 3rd. End of the game you have Leno taking a booking, for wasting time, in a desperate attempt to cling onto a point. Against Watford.

Jesus wept.

• Sad 1

Starting to think Emery is not the long-term solution for us. 

We've conceded 59 goals in the 43 league games since he has taken over.

This season we’ve conceded 96 shots on goal, more than any in the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1. 

Something is wrong, we’re not setup correctly and our defenders are dog shite. Admittedly, we have our first choice fullbacks missing and possibly a starting centre-back in Holding, but still - I expect much, much better than that.