Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Also, the pen Mane won against Leicester was a bit of a fucking farce too. Again, more refusal to change a decision. There's no point in using it for anything other than offsides unless you're actually going to use it.

You seemed to be blaming VAR for the goal being scored. My point was that it went in without being called as a foul.

My point is what is the point in VAR and that Mane one is another example. Alli's goal stands, Mane is disallowed. 

Origi got fouled yet they won't overturn a refs decision because its VAR is basically just a glorified Hawkeye for offside 

Mane got fouled against Leicester. He overexaggetated but again he was fouled. Just like Origi was then. Our defence was shite for that goal but there was a foul in the buildup to said goal.  

13 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Also, the pen Mane won against Leicester was a bit of a fucking farce too. Again, more refusal to change a decision. There's no point in using it for anything other than offsides unless you're actually going to use it.

Getting kicked in the back of the leg isn't a foul?

2 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Both VAR decisions were correct there. Clear and obvious handball, no clear and obvious foul on Origi.

Not happy that we had a goal chalked off for something not clear and obvious, but both decisions were correct today.

He came right through the back of him and kicked his calf. Does he need to stab him for it to be clear and obvious?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I honestly thought there was fuck all in it (Mane v Leicester). It didn't affect his balance or anything, it's a contact sport at the end of the day. And by throwing himself to the ground he won the pen. Fair play to him, I just don't think it was. Players are kicked and pushed all the time with no fouls given.

As for this game, I'm sure Liverpool will be better 2nd half but we need to capitalise on them feeling sorry for themselves now.

• Like 1

It's the disconnect between 'we're not going to overturn a goal for a foul or a non-deliberate handball' but 'we're going to rule a goal out for offside because the attacker had a toe infront because his boots are a size bigger than the defenders'.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TCO said:

He came right through the back of him and kicked his calf. Does he need to stab him for it to be clear and obvious?

Did he bollocks. Minor contact and the player hits the deck. If that is a foul then football is a non contact sport.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Both VAR decisions were correct there. Clear and obvious handball, no clear and obvious foul on Origi.

Not happy that we had a goal chalked off for something not clear and obvious, but both decisions were correct today.

Kicking through someone and not getting the ball ain't clear and obvious? Fuck me. If that was against Villa I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that. 

1 minute ago, Gazz said:

It's the disconnect between 'we're not going to overturn a goal for a foul or a non-deliberate handball' but 'we're going to rule a goal out for offside because the attacker had a toe infront because his boots are a size bigger than the defenders'.

Bang on. What the VAR covers and how it is implemented by officials is just not specific enough. Even with something that should be cut-and-dry like offside.

• Like 1

I think because so many moaned how long VAR referred calls would take, the refs are very reluctant to come to the sidelines. But they absolutely need to start doing it. A ref is more likely to overturn a decision himself than someone else telling him he's wrong - as made clear by the way the PL has used VAR thus far.

7 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Kicking through someone and not getting the ball ain't clear and obvious? Fuck me. If that was against Villa I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that. 

Probably not. But I’ve got no horse in this race so there’s no emotion in the picture. Clearly isn’t the same for you which fair enough. 

• Like 1

We've been awful. Just a shame VAR is pointless and Martin Atkinson is biased as fuck. 

Neither side deserve to win this. 

FUCKING LALALLALALALALLALANANANANANANANANANNANANANANA