Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

1 hour ago, Mad Jack stans Wiccan said:

Deserved at least a draw out of this - for all the moaning about VAR and the referee, Liverpool did not play like champions-elect.

Our performance was shite. Just like Martin Atkinson. Our first free kick came after 70 minutes. Says it all about his performance. 

Neither team deserved to win. But we managed to get a point like title challengers do ala Fergie. Snatching draws or wins when playing shite. 

Fuck Ben Foster. 

I am so done with him time-wasting for what feels like decades every time he comes to Spurs and refs never do anything about it. 

I mean, we could've had all the time in the world and still not won on Saturday. 

But...fuck Ben Foster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Fuck Ben Foster. 

I am so done with him time-wasting for what feels like decades every time he comes to Spurs and refs never do anything about it. 

I mean, we could've had all the time in the world and still not won on Saturday. 

But...fuck Ben Foster.

This is spot on. 

He is an expert of time wasting from the get go and getting away with it. During our period of West Brom being a bogey team for us, I always seemed to get tickets for us against West Brom and it was always infuriating watching him take his time. 

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Me and my mates said the same thing. Oh here comes Lallana he'll do fuck all. Tbf we all said Rashford wouldn't do anything either <_<

i can see why atkinson didnt give the origi thing as from his position, it looks like a poor touch, lost possesion and thrown himself to the floor, but VAR being used aswell would surely override his decision if there was more in that tackle, if they start giving them every slight touch, the game would become non-contact

Referees still won't be instructed to use the pitchside monitors, something they still haven't done in more than 90 PL games this season.

They are saying each pitchside review could take up to 90 seconds, so the reluctance is clearly due to the time it would take. Personally, I think if you are trying to make the correct decisions in games across the board, you need to use it.

Mike Dean is a fucking prick. 

And we are so awful. 

Twitter Arsenal fans, never the most patient sort, may have surpassed themselves. Emery Out is trending before they've even played tonight.

In fairness, if he really did only sign a two-year contract when we hired him then he should be let go at the end of the season. He's not the right man for the job, simple as that. 

17 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

In fairness, if he really did only sign a two-year contract when we hired him then he should be let go at the end of the season. He's not the right man for the job, simple as that. 

Is that... Is that Big Sam's music?!

• Sad 1

Twitter Arsenal fans, never the most patient sort, may have surpassed themselves. Emery Out is trending before they've even played tonight.

Maybe they're just all doing their nails?

Pepe was by far the best player we had and who knows how it would have went if that chance went in? No idea how Saka got a full 90 mins instead of him.

But that 2nd half was fucking dreadful. Not taking anything away from Sheffield cos they defended well but it was absolute garbage from us and that makes me sad.

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

Pepe was by far the best player we had and who knows how it would have went if that chance went in? No idea how Saka got a full 90 mins instead of him.

But that 2nd half was fucking dreadful. Not taking anything away from Sheffield cos they defended well but it was absolute garbage from us and that makes me sad.

Agreed. Second half was as bad as I’ve seen us in quite some time, and that’s saying something because we have been pretty shit lately. 

I’m sitting here patiently waiting for him to play an XI consisting of Leno, Bellerin, Chambers, Holding, Tierney, Torriera, Guendouzi, Ceballos, Aubameyang, Pepe, Lacazette. 

I don’t know how many more times it has to be shouted from the rooftops, but a midfield three of Torreira, Guenzdouzi and Ceballos is clearly the best combination we have. Torreira is excellent at shielding the defence and acting as a ball-winner. Guendouzi can do the grafting in there as well, and helping recycle the ball and/or playing diagonal passes into the channels that he’s good at and then Ceballos linking the midfield and the front three. 

Instead, we get Xhaka being Xhaka and doing Xhaka things whilst Torreira is used sparingly as some sort of knock-off Aaron Ramsey and it’s infuriating. 

Emery is constantly setting this team up wrong. I know we’re still in a decent position in the league but this team has much, much more ability than it’s showing and it’s down to team selection and constant tweaking with how we play. The football we’ve been playing is as dull as I can recall. 

Bring back George Graham.

• Like 1