Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

Premier League 2019/20

Mourinho would be the death knell for the vibrant young Spurs ethos, surely.

I think he totally lost the plot by the end of his Man Utd tenure.

I just feel sad. Sad that a great manager has left our club, sad that someone who seems to be a really decent guy has got the blame for so many other people's mistakes, sad that the club is run by a chairman who thinks this is a good decision, and sad that any slight hope we had of remaining at the top has gone. 

Thank you for everything Poch.

• Like 3

Just now, Jericode said:

Just get Tim Sherwood back.

Tactics Tim and his magical gillet

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

GettyImages-506629394.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

GettyImages-506629394.jpg

Get fucked

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Quite sad that in his first tough spell as manager, he gets the sack. I think he was a genuinely class manager and will go on to a big job at some point in the next year.

Really hope they don't go Mourinho, but I fear they will. The problems with him were glaringly obvious to see most of the way through his stint at United.

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

The BBC's Dan Roan is reporting that Mourinho is a strong contender to replace Poch.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

You deserve it *clap clap clap clap clap*

37 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

heartbroken 

They'll sell Lamela next.

Sky Sports reporting that Mourinho and Spurs have been in discussions and it’s looking likely.

I cannot wait to see a Mourinho/Levy relationship meltdown next summer, if not before.

Sounds that way. I just hope we can get a tiny bit of a decent run under him before he inevitably fucks it.

• Like 1

I'm actually very interested in where Poch goes. 

Would Man Utd still keep Ole now that he's free?

Mourinho as Spurs boss just sounds like a weird fit. Plus, they don't spend money, and all Jose does is spend money. I don't get this. 

• Like 1

I think this may work out well in the short term for Spurs. If theres a guy who can turn a team into horrible bastards who'll get results its him. 

I'd probably say expectations aren't as high for him managing Spurs then when he was at United (no offence) which may be a blessing. 

Problem is you've got two clear sides of Mourinho with no middle ground. The guy who'll get players to run through walls for him or the guy who'll alienate everyone and start sulking and be a miserable bastard. 

Be interesting to see the dynamic with Levy as well considering Spurs needs strengthening in certain areas. 

Mourinho will probably win a trophy for them. Is that what they're after? I don't see his tactics winning them the league, but a cup, sure. Maybe even the CL. 

They undoubtedly have a very good coach in Mourinho but he's been criticised for outdated tactics and boring football so I'm interested to see how it pans out. 

8 hours ago, Oakesy said:

Quite sad that in his first tough spell as manager, he gets the sack. I think he was a genuinely class manager and will go on to a big job at some point in the next year.

I will say this; it wasn't a "tough spell." It was basically February to now, outside of the Champions League knockout stage and a couple matches against Red Star Belgrade. I think the main person to blame is Levy and I hate that Pochettino is gone, but at least some of it has to fall on him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

heartbroken 

yep. still. 

7 hours ago, Mad Jack stans Wiccan said:

You deserve it *clap clap clap clap clap*

They'll sell Lamela next.

how fucking dare you in my time of grief 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Mourinho will probably win a trophy for them. Is that what they're after? I don't see his tactics winning them the league, but a cup, sure. Maybe even the CL. 

They undoubtedly have a very good coach in Mourinho but he's been criticised for outdated tactics and boring football so I'm interested to see how it pans out. 

Thing is, that Chelsea team when he first came to England played some good football and steamroller through people. Problem is, he got to a point of just wanting to win. Which while it can get results can be very boring. 

Maybe a team with slightly less expectations then the 2nd and 3rd runs at Chelsea, United and Madrid could do him good?

I wish him well whatever happens. His time at Utd was nowhere near as bad as people liked to make out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I will say this; it wasn't a "tough spell." It was basically February to now, outside of the Champions League knockout stage and a couple matches against Red Star Belgrade. I think the main person to blame is Levy and I hate that Pochettino is gone, but at least some of it has to fall on him.

I see a lot of rage at Levy and stuff but... Overall it was Poch who was screwing things up. I can't believe anyone watching a game hasn't spotted issues and seen something needs changing approximately 10 minutes before it cost Spurs the game. I'm a big fan of Trips and miss him at the club... but Aurier was playing a lot last year in a rotation with Trips anyway so ultimately there have been no losses in personnel on the field and with some misfortune with new players being injured should not be suddenly worse than teams like Newcastle, Bournemouth, Burnley and so on. I like Poch, but the Champions League papered over some big problems (and dodgy handball aside, the final showed where the problems were as well, the team not playing like they were 1-0 down until late in the second half, dropping players in great form and so on) and this year they seem to have been magnified, Champions League qualification with this set up should be a minimum and it looks like that's already gone, how much longer could the club leave it? I liked Poch but found myself getting more frustrated with how things are at the club and his management.

On the other hand, I've always been a big fan of Jose, I love the free flowing attacking style and his man management is second to none. He's wonderful at moulding young players into superstars and achieves a lot of success by being thrifty with finances and not spending huge amounts of money. His post match press conferences are also full of cool headedness and a lot of wisdom and astute, honest observations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

On the other hand, I've always been a big fan of Jose, I love the free flowing attacking style and his man management is second to none. He's wonderful at moulding young players into superstars and achieves a lot of success by being thrifty with finances and not spending huge amounts of money. His post match press conferences are also full of cool headedness and a lot of wisdom and astute, honest observations.

Is this some other Jose Mourinho I'm not aware of?

• Like 1