Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

Premier League 2019/20

I read quite the stat from Opta this morning about Marco Silva. 

If he leaves Everton now, his win percentage in the Premier League will be worse than Claude Puel, Glenn Roeder, Christian Gross and Paul Sturrock. 

Maybe he just isn't that good of a manager.

21 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

If he leaves Everton now, his win percentage in the Premier League will be worse than Claude Puel, Glenn Roeder, Christian Gross and Paul Sturrock. 

Are you saying Paul Merson was right all along? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Are you saying Paul Merson was right all along? 

It's saying I was right all along. Dude just failed upwards with every job. >_>

Hooray, now to see how our misery continues under a new manager.

1 hour ago, Mad Jack Frost said:

It's saying I was right all along. Dude just failed upwards with every job. >_>

Are you Paul Merson?

5 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Glenn Roeder got us into Europe. 😕

The impressions of Amazon's coverage have been mixed depending on everyone's connections, but it's been flawless for me in UHD.

And whilst I haven't been bothered about the commentary, you can turn it off and switch to just the stadium noise if you want.

Half of this Arsenal side are completely uncoachable. 

That goal was criminal. Usual suspects all around the ball. Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka and not one of them made a real attempt to win the ball back. It's pathetic. 

That being said, I'm puzzled at Ljungberg's team selection. Still continuing to play Xhaka in the screening role in front of the defence. He can't do it and we have an ideal candidate in Torriera but he's being used as some box-to-box midfielder still. Ozil out wide has never worked, Aubameyang has been shifted out to the right. It's a mess, there's no shape and our captain is giving 20-year old Joe Willock a massive bollocking for slightly over-hitting a pass. 

Team is a mess, we thought it was full of talent, but it isn't. Still too many duds throughout the squad.

17 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Half of this Arsenal side are completely uncoachable. 

That goal was criminal. Usual suspects all around the ball. Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka and not one of them made a real attempt to win the ball back. It's pathetic. 

That being said, I'm puzzled at Ljungberg's team selection. Still continuing to play Xhaka in the screening role in front of the defence. He can't do it and we have an ideal candidate in Torriera but he's being used as some box-to-box midfielder still. Ozil out wide has never worked, Aubameyang has been shifted out to the right. It's a mess, there's no shape and our captain is giving 20-year old Joe Willock a massive bollocking for slightly over-hitting a pass. 

Team is a mess, we thought it was full of talent, but it isn't. Still too many duds throughout the squad.

I cant understand how Tierney and Pepe aren't starting, surely Ljungberg can see the benefit in a player like Pepe? Kolasinac hasn't been bad today tbf but still. I think Willock had been dreadful even before that pass in fairness, but the body language overall is bad. None of the squad looks comfortable or confident.

2 hours ago, Bad Santa said:

The impressions of Amazon's coverage have been mixed depending on everyone's connections, but it's been flawless for me in UHD.

And whilst I haven't been bothered about the commentary, you can turn it off and switch to just the stadium noise if you want.

I enjoyed it to be honest, my stream did degrade awfully for about 15 minutes during half time and the start of the second half, but otherwise it was bang on and overall the presentation felt good, professional and pretty straight-forward.

I don't have Sky or BT anymore so it's not like I can greatly compare anymore but it felt like a refreshing way to watch the football.

As for Silva, it's all already been said. I hope Dunc can just get the players up for the game on Saturday, hate to use the cliches but show some pride in the shirt and give it a go. They better not take as long as they did last time though to find the next manager.

2 hours ago, Kaney Klaus said:

I cant understand how Tierney and Pepe aren't starting, surely Ljungberg can see the benefit in a player like Pepe? Kolasinac hasn't been bad today tbf but still. I think Willock had been dreadful even before that pass in fairness, but the body language overall is bad. None of the squad looks comfortable or confident.

By all accounts, Pepe has not been training well at all recently which is why he’s been out of the team. 

Willock is not ready for the level we need. He would have benefited from a loan move to be honest.

I miss Aaron Ramsey.

7 hours ago, Adam said:

I enjoyed it to be honest, my stream did degrade awfully for about 15 minutes during half time and the start of the second half, but otherwise it was bang on and overall the presentation felt good, professional and pretty straight-forward.

I don't have Sky or BT anymore so it's not like I can greatly compare anymore but it felt like a refreshing way to watch the football.

I mean, I won't bother subscribing beyond the trial as there's no more PL football planned after this month during this season at least, and I won't use their other services enough to justify it. But I certainly wouldn't be concerned about making a switch to them if they took a bunch of games off Sky and BT in the future. 

Whilst on the subject of subscriptions, I'm finding La Liga TV great value as well for 50 quid a year. That's every single match every week as well, as more than 90% of the time, every game has its own kick off slot. I've even been able to watch the 3pm starts during the blackout through Chromecast. 

9 hours ago, Mad Jack Frost said:

I'm confused at Arsenal fans thinking Freddies teams would be remarkably different to Emery's, he was one of Unais coaches. 

He was, but that's not to say we wouldn't have thought he had his own vision on team selection. 

One thing that really makes me laugh is he knew Luiz and Sokratis were not so great a partnership so he brings Mustafi into the side against Norwich, he performs terribly and then is dropped from the squad all together for the next match. 

Most of these problems fall on Raul Sanllehi to be honest. I'm convinced we would be in a better place had Sven Minslitat had been able to wrestle control of football matters instead of him. 

Nigel Pearson is set to be named the new Watford manager.

How?

• Haha 3

Brendan Rodgers has signed a new five-and-a-half year contract at Leicester City.

18 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Nigel Pearson is set to be named the new Watford manager.

How?

Fat Sam must have turned them down and Moyes looks like he'll get the Everton job. Alan Pardew must be furious at being overlooked.

Chelsea will now be allowed to register new players in the January transfer window.

...Watch them all be worse than the youngsters we've already got.

Hopefully Lampard goes with a "don't fix what isn't broken" mindset. We need maybe a new left back at a push and I wouldn't object to signing Sancho, but everything else can wait until the summer. Caballero, Pedro, Willian, and Giroud only need replacing on a squad level due to age and can fulfill their current roles through the rest of the season unless any injuries start popping up

3 hours ago, Naitch said:

Hopefully Lampard goes with a "don't fix what isn't broken" mindset. We need maybe a new left back at a push and I wouldn't object to signing Sancho, but everything else can wait until the summer. Caballero, Pedro, Willian, and Giroud only need replacing on a squad level due to age and can fulfill their current roles through the rest of the season unless any injuries start popping up

Haha, love the idea of any Chelsea fan turning their nose up at signing Sancho.

• Like 1