Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

Ruben Loftus-Cheek has signed a new Chelsea contract, extending it to 2024 and increasing his weekly wage from £60k to £150k.

Now we just need to get CHO to do the same. (H)

Unrelated to contracts, but curious: are either expected to feature at any part of the upcoming season because of their injuries? That's a real shame about them.

I'm really interested to see what happens with Chelsea this season. As a Yank, I hope Pulisic is able to step up and develop further, but it will be awesome to see if the likes of Mount, Abraham, and well, any other kid, can come in and play well.

On 01/07/2019 at 17:24, Colly said:

He'$ £ound a n€w proj€ct.

Just realised that they're mid table so it'll be interesting to see what he can achieve there.

They also have Marek Hamsik who is 100% not there for the money.

22 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Unrelated to contracts, but curious: are either expected to feature at any part of the upcoming season because of their injuries? That's a real shame about them.

I know that CHO is expected to start training in early August and maybe back in the team after the September international break. Can't remember about RLC.

They were always going to say that, to give them an excuse when something inevitably does go wrong.

But I do like that they will only intervene if something is clearly wrong. We need less of VAR reviewing a call where everyone is still completely split on whether it should be a pen or not.

He also said the pen Holland got against Japan wouldn't be given, so it seems they're not going to be as soft on handball decisions as other competitions.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Baddar said:

They were always going to say that, to give them an excuse when something inevitably does go wrong.

But I do like that they will only intervene if something is clearly wrong. We need less of VAR reviewing a call where everyone is still completely split on whether it should be a pen or not.

He also said the pen Holland got against Japan wouldn't be given, so it seems they're not going to be as soft on handball decisions as other competitions.

Let's hope this bears true in practice, because I think these are two key areas. They shouldn't be overturning decisions based on a toe-width of an offside or some of the soft handballs we have seen at the Women's World Cup. Game-changing mistakes or stay out of it, for me.