Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

That goal shouldn’t save him but I think it will.

Setting the team up with three centre-backs and two non-creative midfielders at home to a team that has lost 8 out of their last 9 games is fucking atrocious. 

He’s way, way too conservative and worried about the opposition. No disrespect to Southampton, but they shouldn’t be having 6 more attempts on goal than us at the Emirates.

Sack him already, this is only going to get worse. 

51 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

That goal shouldn’t save him but I think it will.

Setting the team up with three centre-backs and two non-creative midfielders at home to a team that has lost 8 out of their last 9 games is fucking atrocious. 

He’s way, way too conservative and worried about the opposition. No disrespect to Southampton, but they shouldn’t be having 6 more attempts on goal than us at the Emirates.

Sack him already, this is only going to get worse. 

Not to disagree with any of those points, but it was never a penalty either. Soft as fuck.

I like Emery as a person but hes clearly not working at Arsenal, the players look clueless and the defense/press is so passive its ridiculous. Something has to change but I honestly don't know where to start.

9 minutes ago, Troy said:

Can't see Marco Silva lasting through the week, and if he does, a loss at Leicester next week will presumably seal his fate. Looking forward to David Moyes 2: Electric Boogaloo at this point.

Poch is free

3 hours ago, Kaney said:

Not to disagree with any of those points, but it was never a penalty either. Soft as fuck.

I like Emery as a person but hes clearly not working at Arsenal, the players look clueless and the defense/press is so passive its ridiculous. Something has to change but I honestly don't know where to start.

Clearly. We're 18 months into this now and he still doesn't know his best XI, still doesn't know which system to use and still doesn't know how he wants us to play tactically. 

Oh, and he still keeps setting the team up wrong. We are playing Southampton at home, why do we need a back 3 with two not-so-creative midfielders? It's daft. Southampton are a team that haven't won in 9 league games, why are we approaching the game so cautiously? We have arguably the best squad that we have had in years and we play this "Oh, we're scared of the opposition" football. It's becoming a chore to watch us play. 

After the game, Emery said that he and the team are "looking for solutions" to stop the constant barrage of attacks at Bernd Leno. We're half-way through the season, we're past looking for solutions on the field, it's what is happening on the training ground and the decisions that the coach are making that are leading to these shit performances. 

Anyone could look at our squad and know we should be doing much, much better.