Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

11 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

He wasn't much use last time tbf

Neither is Silva at the moment. This goes back to that fixture difficulty grid that I think Lineker posted before the season started. Everton's fixtures for the first four months of the season were (on paper) 'easy', much easier than most teams, to the point where you would have expected them at this point in the season to be overachieving since they've only played two big teams, yet they're in the relegation zone with horrible fixtures for December, February and March. Given their abject underachievement and failure to address known weaknesses (still can't defend set-pieces whatsoever), at this point, they'd probably be better off with one of those waving golden cats you see in Chinese takeaways as manager, never mind a guy who is synonymous with Everton and has been there for decades.

On 14/06/2019 at 10:35, Gazz said:

It doesn't, but you can see the potential narratives that may play out during the season. For example, on paper, I would expect Everton to be firmly inside the top six around late November and the pundits will be lauding how good of a job Marco Silva has done to get them there. Then they run into December / New Years Day, where they could concievably lose seven straight games. Then they've got a few games where they could get results, but if their confidence is shot, they could lose most of them and then they have another batch of games against the top six and suddenly Marco Silva is out of a job.

• Like 1

Don't worry guys, Everton are giving serious thought to the right man for the job: Footballing Genus himself David Moyes.

If our victory leads to Marco Silva getting packed and Moyes becoming the manager at Everton again, this is just the best timeline.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Neither is Silva at the moment. This goes back to that fixture difficulty grid that I think Lineker posted before the season started. Everton's fixtures for the first four months of the season were (on paper) 'easy', much easier than most teams, to the point where you would have expected them at this point in the season to be overachieving since they've only played two big teams, yet they're in the relegation zone with horrible fixtures for December, February and March. Given their abject underachievement and failure to address known weaknesses (still can't defend set-pieces whatsoever), at this point, they'd probably be better off with one of those waving golden cats you see in Chinese takeaways as manager, never mind a guy who is synonymous with Everton and has been there for decades.

But they should have sacked him earlier before coming into the fixture list they face. You could have brought someone in who may give a morale boost and get the players on side. Whilst the fixture list they would have come into wouldnt be any easier, in theory it would lessen somewhat the "dark cloud" surrounding the team and the manager. 8 defeats in the last 11 I think it is. 

They've not performed, they've spent a load of money on bang average players who haven't really improved the team 

Unsworth isn't going to right the ship in the interim either, they were just as bad last time under him. They lost 5, drew 1 and won 2. 

The positive they have is the table is so tight at the bottom and all it takes is probably 2 good results and they'll shoot up the table .

I read quite the stat from Opta this morning about Marco Silva. 

If he leaves Everton now, his win percentage in the Premier League will be worse than Claude Puel, Glenn Roeder, Christian Gross and Paul Sturrock. 

Maybe he just isn't that good of a manager.

21 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

If he leaves Everton now, his win percentage in the Premier League will be worse than Claude Puel, Glenn Roeder, Christian Gross and Paul Sturrock. 

Are you saying Paul Merson was right all along? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mad Jack Frost said:

It's saying I was right all along. Dude just failed upwards with every job. >_>

Are you Paul Merson?

5 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Glenn Roeder got us into Europe. 😕

The impressions of Amazon's coverage have been mixed depending on everyone's connections, but it's been flawless for me in UHD.

And whilst I haven't been bothered about the commentary, you can turn it off and switch to just the stadium noise if you want.

Half of this Arsenal side are completely uncoachable. 

That goal was criminal. Usual suspects all around the ball. Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka and not one of them made a real attempt to win the ball back. It's pathetic. 

That being said, I'm puzzled at Ljungberg's team selection. Still continuing to play Xhaka in the screening role in front of the defence. He can't do it and we have an ideal candidate in Torriera but he's being used as some box-to-box midfielder still. Ozil out wide has never worked, Aubameyang has been shifted out to the right. It's a mess, there's no shape and our captain is giving 20-year old Joe Willock a massive bollocking for slightly over-hitting a pass. 

Team is a mess, we thought it was full of talent, but it isn't. Still too many duds throughout the squad.

17 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Half of this Arsenal side are completely uncoachable. 

That goal was criminal. Usual suspects all around the ball. Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka and not one of them made a real attempt to win the ball back. It's pathetic. 

That being said, I'm puzzled at Ljungberg's team selection. Still continuing to play Xhaka in the screening role in front of the defence. He can't do it and we have an ideal candidate in Torriera but he's being used as some box-to-box midfielder still. Ozil out wide has never worked, Aubameyang has been shifted out to the right. It's a mess, there's no shape and our captain is giving 20-year old Joe Willock a massive bollocking for slightly over-hitting a pass. 

Team is a mess, we thought it was full of talent, but it isn't. Still too many duds throughout the squad.

I cant understand how Tierney and Pepe aren't starting, surely Ljungberg can see the benefit in a player like Pepe? Kolasinac hasn't been bad today tbf but still. I think Willock had been dreadful even before that pass in fairness, but the body language overall is bad. None of the squad looks comfortable or confident.

2 hours ago, Bad Santa said:

The impressions of Amazon's coverage have been mixed depending on everyone's connections, but it's been flawless for me in UHD.

And whilst I haven't been bothered about the commentary, you can turn it off and switch to just the stadium noise if you want.

I enjoyed it to be honest, my stream did degrade awfully for about 15 minutes during half time and the start of the second half, but otherwise it was bang on and overall the presentation felt good, professional and pretty straight-forward.

I don't have Sky or BT anymore so it's not like I can greatly compare anymore but it felt like a refreshing way to watch the football.

As for Silva, it's all already been said. I hope Dunc can just get the players up for the game on Saturday, hate to use the cliches but show some pride in the shirt and give it a go. They better not take as long as they did last time though to find the next manager.

2 hours ago, Kaney Klaus said:

I cant understand how Tierney and Pepe aren't starting, surely Ljungberg can see the benefit in a player like Pepe? Kolasinac hasn't been bad today tbf but still. I think Willock had been dreadful even before that pass in fairness, but the body language overall is bad. None of the squad looks comfortable or confident.

By all accounts, Pepe has not been training well at all recently which is why he’s been out of the team. 

Willock is not ready for the level we need. He would have benefited from a loan move to be honest.

I miss Aaron Ramsey.