Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

Premier League 2019/20

14 hours ago, Baddar said:

Being reported at HT that Rashford will miss 2 to 3 months.

Double stress fracture of the back and a floating piece of bone in his ankle, so 2 ops basically. Will be lucky to make the Euros I reckon.

Danny Ings to lead the line!

Phil Jones to finally prove he is the ultimate utility player.

14 hours ago, Adam said:

Got to keep asking though, because eventually someone will be the first to get the quote and the headline "Klopp finally confident of title win".

I get it's tedious though. But then Liverpool basically have the title wrapped up halfway through the season, it's a rarity.

The funny thing is that Fabinho literally already did this last week, but the English press pay no mind to foreign media.

David Luiz gives away a penalty and gets sent off?

Beautiful.

Not to excuse Bernd Leno, but Mustafi strikes again.

Absolute liability again and again. 

That confession has done Lejeune the world of good, concentrating on his football and two goals in two minutes.

• Like 1

1-1. It's actually quite staggering how shit Chelsea have been since Arsenal went a man down.

What are Everton. 

Lejeune adding another body to dispose off 

This Raw style "David Luiz watching telly" cam is amazing.

Wish someone had given him a beer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Colly said:

This Raw style "David Luiz watching telly" cam is amazing.

Wish someone had given him a beer.

He's only got little arms, leave him alone 

Just the sheer effort he's gone to. The bog roll is perfect.

I said to my girlfriend's flatmate before the game (he's a Newcastle fan) that the style of doing very little then having a huge slice of luck appears to be carrying Newcastle through. Little did I know how much of a prediction that would end up being.

Newcastle were utterly abysmal for the entire game. Everton controlled it after Kean's goal completely...and then go and let in two desperation set piece goals in injury time. Wonderful.

Mustafi and Luiz continue to be utter bombscares. Martinelli continues to be amazing. Arsenal continue to draw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Awful.

Don't worry. Every time we have a chance to close the gap on 4th place, we absolutely blow it. Expecting no different tonight. 

9 hours ago, Adam said:

I said to my girlfriend's flatmate before the game (he's a Newcastle fan) that the style of doing very little then having a huge slice of luck appears to be carrying Newcastle through. Little did I know how much of a prediction that would end up being.

Newcastle were utterly abysmal for the entire game. Everton controlled it after Kean's goal completely...and then go and let in two desperation set piece goals in injury time. Wonderful.

We're down to literal bare bones, one semi fit striker, no senior midfielders because one of them is covering one of our 3 injured full backs, and Christian fucking Atsu is on the pitch. We had to put a centre half on for said striker because there's nothing else left. We're playing defensively trying to nick something, and while yesterday was pretty unprecedented I think we deserved a draw against Chelsea who really created very little (the win was of course a nice bonus). Didn't see last nights, and obviously conceding two goals tells a different story, but you make your own luck to an extent and three of our centre backs (Lejeune, Schar and Fernandez) are probably the three best footballers in our side as the goals and assists tallies are showing.

Tl:dr. Yeah, jammy as hell, but 😛

Based on what I saw last night, you should just play a team of centre halves. It seems to be working.

That's what I'm saying, it's all we have other than playing our sub keeper up top.

The 2nd goal that Newcastle scored was straight from a crap 90s football tweet

Bruceball. He's reinverted the pyramid. I thought we were playing a 5-5-0 last night after Joelinton went off, but in fact, we were playing a 0-5-5 with inverted centrebacks.

4D Chess indeed.

Gabriel Martinelli is going to be a star. Plucked him from the Brazilian 4th tier too. The kid plays with absolutely no fear whatsoever.

Hopefully we can properly restructure parts of the squad in the summer because despite the results not exactly going our way yet, Mikel Arteta really does have something about him as a coach. It's been years since I have seen us with a genuine identity and plan going into matches and he has brought that with him. 

Also, a word on Bukayo Saka. He's an 18-year old winger playing at left-back and making it look easy.

23 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Gabriel Martinelli is going to be a star. Plucked him from the Brazilian 4th tier too. The kid plays with absolutely no fear whatsoever.

Hopefully we can properly restructure parts of the squad in the summer because despite the results not exactly going our way yet, Mikel Arteta really does have something about him as a coach. It's been years since I have seen us with a genuine identity and plan going into matches and he has brought that with him. 

Also, a word on Bukayo Saka. He's an 18-year old winger playing at left-back and making it look easy.

I don't like your optimism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1