Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

Now the fans simply need to get behind him and treat this as a long-term appointment. This isn’t a sticky plaster or steady the ship coach, we need him there for the long-term.

I have faith, players need to be offloaded and recruitment needs to be better. I’m confident he will push us beyond what Emery managed. At least he has a clear message in what he wants from his team and players.

Hopefully all that time with Pep has helped him out exponentially, since he was there for a big part of the soft leaderless culture that Arsene created on his way out the door. I think it's a big task, having to change the culture inside the club, when he was a part of it for a long time. He's seemingly a fantastic coach and human, so I hope for the best for him

5 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Now the fans simply need to get behind him and treat this as a long-term appointment. This isn’t a sticky plaster or steady the ship coach, we need him there for the long-term.

I have faith, players need to be offloaded and recruitment needs to be better. I’m confident he will push us beyond what Emery managed. At least he has a clear message in what he wants from his team and players.

Surely getting a DoF is the way to go, no? Have someone behind the scenes working with the youth setups and create a long term plan for the next 10 years. I dunno.

3 minutes ago, MDK said:

Surely getting a DoF is the way to go, no? Have someone behind the scenes working with the youth setups and create a long term plan for the next 10 years. I dunno.

Wenger and/or Allardyce. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MDK said:

We have Raul Sanlehi who is “Head of football relations” which is basically DoF, and then Edu as technical director. 

I thought his first press conference was excellent. He does seem to have a no-nonsense attitude to players who don’t put in the effort, so that’s refreshing to hear.