Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

• Admin

I thought it was in January - half the teams take a break one week, the other half take a break the next. Could be wrong. 

There's an argument floating about for some teams hoping to lose in the FA Cup third round, and that will net up to 11 days between playing matches, in some circumstances.

They've done a staggered "break" in February, where one round of games is spread over two weekends. 4 the first weekend, 6 the next. It's a half-measure if anything.

I'd personally be in favour of a three week break in January after the FA Cup 3rd Round weekend. But it might cause issues elsewhere in the schedule. If there were less international weekends in the autumn it would probably be alright.

It doesn't help that the entire Sports Science department at Newcastle is a 14 year old work experience lad called Kevin who had to come here because his first choice at Lidl was full.

I have visions of Steve Bruce thinking 'we need to work on fitness over the Christmas period to keep everyone sharp', so having the entire first team running laps of the pitch at Darsley Park until they collapse / fatigue their hamstrings to the point of failure 24hrs before a league game.

4 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Christmas period has fucked over a lot of teams for injuries. Newcastle had 4 injuries in the Leicester game the other day 

5 in 5 minutes. Yedlin injured his hand 5 minutes after coming on. :(

Sky, BT and Amazon didn't spend billions for teams to enjoy a month in Dubai instead of playing football. Why even have a Super Sunday if you can't show Burnley vs Southampton?

Everton having a real angry moron section of its fanbase is nothing new.

These players thinking they're better than they are is also sadly nothing new. The whole thing wants ripping up and rebuilding in Carlo's image. The squad has been descending into a dreadful farce for several years now.

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

Everton having a real angry moron section of its fanbase is nothing new.

These players thinking they're better than they are is also sadly nothing new. The whole thing wants ripping up and rebuilding in Carlo's image. The squad has been descending into a dreadful farce for several years now.

The Lonsdale 7 storming Finch Farm is something new though. 

Everton just need gutting. There's probably 4/5 people out of the main team you could probably build a good squad with.

• Like 1

Agreed. I've watched too many games lately and thought "I'd be happy if 8 of this team left". Calvert-Lewin is about the only player I'd be desperate to keep, probably Digne as well although he's been poor lately too. We've sorely missed Gomes and I think Gbamin will be a good player once he's fit, but after that I'm really struggling to justify defending anyone else.

On the fan "protest" thing, I suppose the fact it doesn't surprise me to read some idiots did that about sums up my feeling towards that contingent of the fanbase. Idiots beyond belief with the emotional maturity of a toddler.

Surely they've got something better to do on a Wednesday morning than go have a moan at the training ground.

7 hours ago, Gazz said:

Surely they've got something better to do on a Wednesday morning than go have a moan at the training ground.

I was honestly thinking how these people have free time to go their favorite football's team training facility just to make a complaint smack dab in the middle of the week. Are these all retired fans or something?