Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

Bruceball. He's reinverted the pyramid. I thought we were playing a 5-5-0 last night after Joelinton went off, but in fact, we were playing a 0-5-5 with inverted centrebacks.

4D Chess indeed.

Gabriel Martinelli is going to be a star. Plucked him from the Brazilian 4th tier too. The kid plays with absolutely no fear whatsoever.

Hopefully we can properly restructure parts of the squad in the summer because despite the results not exactly going our way yet, Mikel Arteta really does have something about him as a coach. It's been years since I have seen us with a genuine identity and plan going into matches and he has brought that with him. 

Also, a word on Bukayo Saka. He's an 18-year old winger playing at left-back and making it look easy.

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Gabriel Martinelli is going to be a star. Plucked him from the Brazilian 4th tier too. The kid plays with absolutely no fear whatsoever.

Hopefully we can properly restructure parts of the squad in the summer because despite the results not exactly going our way yet, Mikel Arteta really does have something about him as a coach. It's been years since I have seen us with a genuine identity and plan going into matches and he has brought that with him. 

Also, a word on Bukayo Saka. He's an 18-year old winger playing at left-back and making it look easy.

I don't like your optimism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can only assume they aren't sacking him because they can't be arsed to get an interim manager in for four months until Poch or Allegri take the job.

41 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Not sure what Poch or Allegri would be able to do with this squad to be honest. 

They need multiple transfer windows and even then, there’s no guarantee the recruitment will be any better.

We need to move on, at the very least, Jones, Lingard, Rojo, Matic & Fosu-Mensah (plus Sanchez which won't happen because of his wages). In an ideal world we'd probably move on Bailly, Pogba & Mata, too. Bailly because he's injury prone, Mata because he isn't getting any younger and Pogba because he's a little shit who obviously doesn't want to be there. I would actually like to retain Chris Smalling out of him, Jones & Bailly, but it appears he will probably stay in Rome.

The deal for Bruno Fernandes needs to get done, period. He is obviously desperate to come to United and we need someone who actually wants to play for the team. After that we still need another 2 or 3 midfielders, 2 central defenders, a consistent left-back, a striker now that Rashford is injured. Maybe another winger. We're supposedly looking at Moussa Dembele and Edinson Cavani. I really don't want Cavani as a 32 year-old isn't what this squad needs - it needs young players who aren't just there for a paycheck.

I think Ole will see out the season and then someone else will takeover. I think, and would prefer, that it will be Poch but with United these days who knows. I think it is also time that Woodward is really made accountable for all the laughable transfer mistakes we've made.

• Like 1

I've been saying all month that if Ole isn't on at Ed and the owners to make sure we bring in reinforcements, it's going to ultimately cost him his job. He'll be the one taking the fall if results like this continue. 

We are lining up in games where, aside from Martial and at a push, James, there's literally no goals in the team. 

6 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Not sure what Poch or Allegri would be able to do with this squad to be honest. 

They need multiple transfer windows and even then, there’s no guarantee the recruitment will be any better.

Poch would do wonders cos he's magic 

:( 

• Like 1