Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

They get around the Premier League TV competition over here by just having all our league games on Friday night which is great. Good little activity to do after work before an early night or before going out!

Yep, that's the thing. Sadly a portion of fans at probably all lower league clubs would be lost to the PL service if their chosen "big team" had a game available to watch live on Amazon at the same time as their local side's game. Especially in winter, or if they're hungover, or whatever. I'm torn on whether the blackout is still effective to be honest but I definitely think it would have some form of impact.

Plus you have to think, ten years on from a streaming service becoming the norm, would most kids even go to a live game in the first place to experience it? All they would know is being able to watch every game on the tele. So they may not ever really take the chance to realise that seeing it live in person is better than watching on the TV.

Maybe Colly's suggestion of moving all PL games outside of the 3pm slot makes most sense, but then there's travel considerations for PL away fans who I'm pretty sure are sick of being messed about with that enough for TV already.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

It's not about keeping you going to Liverpool though, it's about encouraging Tranmere fans to keep going there instead of watching Liverpool on tv.

I know that very well. I can only speak from my experience though.

It's a tough spot. I think if you move 3pm Prem kick offs it may have an impact upon fans of Prem teams in terms of travel arrangements especially when its between teams who are really far apart geographically.

Keep the 3pm kick off but put the games on some form of media and you may get people going swerve paying so much to go see my team when I can watch other team for cheaper at the cost of the lower league teams financially

Move the scheduling of fixtures in terms of what times leagues play but is that a bit much as it could cause a lot of issues. You could have like League 1 games on a sunday one week and have them on TV, league 2 the following week, championship the next etc. 

I do think the Premier League as a whole could help the football league with some of the TV money being distributed (never happen unfortunately) 

10 hours ago, Adam said:

Maybe Colly's suggestion of moving all PL games outside of the 3pm slot makes most sense, but then there's travel considerations for PL away fans who I'm pretty sure are sick of being messed about with that enough for TV already.

Most of the issues currently though (bar extreme ones like sending teams to London after the trains back stop running) are about fixtures being moved, so if all games are "tv games" they could set the kickoff times far earlier in theory, I think fans could live with that if they could arrange trains earlier etc. Hell, it would be a vast improvement for folk like the old fella who sits next to me who tries to go to Gateshead too, he actually leaves 3pm games there to come to 5:30 kickoffs at the moment.

12 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

England is deciding to re-join the European model.

Transfer window is back to the normal dates.

Much as I disagree with this decision, the irony of it is wonderful.

Maybe a good compromise would have been closing the window for transfers between English to English teams before the season starts and then closing the window for transfers between English teams and other British/foreign teams on the 1st September. 

Breaking news: the S*n are scum.

19 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I suppose Man United and Liverpool fans have something to agree on.

Depends. The ones who are decent people. Yes. 

The ones who chant the sun are right you're murderers can go get fucked. 

End of the day, nothing that shit rag does is shocking. It needs shutting down. Terrible paper with no morality.