Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

Still never beat Jonathan Pearce not understanding goal line technology at the World Cup.

What did he say like?

He does commentary on a lot of the Lionesses matches and spends half of them rambling about banal things he and Sue Smith have done that week. His delivery of every goal as if it is some inevitable occurrence not to get excited about is really tiresome as well.

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

What did he say like?

He does commentary on a lot of the Lionesses matches and spends half of them rambling about banal things he and Sue Smith have done that week. His delivery of every goal as if it is some inevitable occurrence not to get excited about is really tiresome as well.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/world-cup-2014-bbc-presenter-jonathan-pearce-gets-in-a-mess-over-goal-line-technology-9540780.html?amp

• Thanks 1

That is quite silly of him, he clearly misunderstood what happened there.

Having seen the VAR incidents in the Newcastle game, and the Arsenal winner for that matter, it shows that VAR is good, and that it just gets used wrongly a lot. We'd be talking about Arsenal and Newcastle being robbed of three points today without it. Djenepo rightly sent off after VAR review, Newcastle rightly awarded a penalty and Arsenal rightly given a goal as onside.

Use it right, let them use the bloody monitors for all of these reviews, and make sure it doesn't take ages to get to the right decision. It surely isn't that hard.

I REALLY don't want Liverpool to clinch the title at City. Not only is it the one game I won't be able to watch this season live because I'll be on the road from Buffalo back home (7 hr drive), but NBCSN is doing their fan fest in Philly. I would be there for that if I wasn't going to be in Buffalo. While I want a title win nothing more, fuck I hope City can fuck up so we win it against Palace. 

I'm in Cologne for a stagdo the weekend we play Man City...I'm hoping we win it the week before or after as we all wanna be in the city when we win it. Still be celebrating like mad whether it's in Germany or back home. Just be nicer to be in the city. 

• Like 1

I really don’t think Sterling is a good footballer at all you know. Is that a ‘hot take’?

Dunno what he really contributes at all when he’s not scoring, has one assist and no goals in all competitions since December and I’m pretty sure even that’s just crediting him with an assist for getting fouled for the penalty against Madrid. Seems to be picked every game but I dunno what he really does.

All he really seems to ever do is stand out wide and play simple passes back to the left back. Total passenger all the time. Pretty much only even scores as much as he does cause of sheer volume of chances created cause it’s not like his finishing or technique is particularly great either.

3 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Not even that, Liverpool can win the league without kicking a ball.

Yeah, but I want them to win against Palace so I can go to the bar in Philly and watch it 😛 A Monday game is hard to pull off for a 3 hour drive haha