Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

I'm not a Spurs fan but I get the distinct impression that the only senior Spurs players that Mourinho rates and wants to keep are Son, Lo Celso and Kane. The rest can get in the bin.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Question for Spurs fans. 

What's your assessment on Mourinho so far?

Eh. Doing his best with a very shit hand this season. Quality of the football has dropped but we all knew the day he was appointed that would happen. 

I'm not really judging him until next season. He does need to be allowed to totally revamp the squad.

A few words on Fred...

I can honestly say that I never saw this coming from him the past 3 or 4 months. He's been unbelievable for us. Still loses possession a bit too often, but the way he's been breaking up opposition attacks and getting us on the front foot has to be commended. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Baddar said:

A few words on Fred...

I can honestly say that I never saw this coming from him the past 3 or 4 months. He's been unbelievable for us. Still loses possession a bit too often, but the way he's been breaking up opposition attacks and getting us on the front foot has to be commended. 

He's really come on, Maguire has been immense as well, and even Luke Shaw looks a more complete and composed defender than he's ever looked.

Waaaay too soon to be announcing that we're back, like some of our fans have done on twitter etc but I like the work that we've been doing to get into a good position going forward.

• Like 1

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Tahith Chong has signed a new deal at Man Utd. 

The parents of Birmingham’s Jude Bellingham met Manchester United executives at the training ground on Monday after the 16-year-old was granted permission to talk to interested clubs.

Bellingham, who is Birmingham’s youngest ever player, is being targeted by numerous suitors, it is understood, so the midfielder’s future is unlikely to be settled immediately. United retain a firm interest in him but there is a recognition of the competition the club faces to buy him. Borussia Dortmund, who in January beat United to the signing of Erling Baut Haland, are also thought to be considering a move for Bellingham.

Yet Birmingham’s decision to allow Bellingham to consider prospective offers suggests the club would consider selling a player whose current deal expires in summer 2021.

Since making debut in August aged 16 and 38 days Bellingham has become a first-team regular, making 35 appearances in all competitions, scoring four goals, gradually moving from a wide position to a central berth.

Tahith Chong has signed a new contract that keeps him at United until 2022, with the club having an option of an extra year for the 20-year-old Dutch wide player.

“His performances this season, whether for the first team or Under-23s, are testament to his hard work, dedication and to his character. Tahith has great potential [and] given his age, ability and work-ethic we can see that he has a bright future at Manchester United,” said Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

Chong’s debut came in January of last season as second-half replacement in the 2-0 FA Cup win over Reading at Old Trafford and he has now made a total of 18 appearances for United.

Chong said: “When I joined Manchester United as a youngster [in 2016], it was a dream come true. It is an honour every time I pull on the shirt and represent this club. I am delighted to sign this new contract and really grateful for the chance to prove myself here for many years to come.”

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Floyd Mayweather has expressed an interest in buying Newcastle United.

He really hasn't. It was a throwaway joke at a speaking event in Newcastle and all your "banter" sites jumped on it for clicks.

Club is a joke enough as it as without needing to make things up!

1 hour ago, TCO said:

He really hasn't. It was a throwaway joke at a speaking even in Newcastle and all your "banter" sites jumped on it for clicks.

Club is a joke enough as it as without needing to make things up!

He said it, I’m taking it as a statement of intent!

• Like 1

Specifically, because Olympiakos' owner has it and has been in contact with Arsenal's players.

He was also at Millwall v Nottingham Forest last weekend since he owns Forest too.

This feels like the beginning of the disruption for English football. I hope they postpone rather than play behind closed doors if it comes to that, although personally I'm not sure this shutdown of sport is going to make all that much difference. Valencia fans still turned up outside the Mestalla last night for instance.

Did the players need to meet him?

I was listening to The Athletics podcast on Liverpool yesterday and seemingly LFC are being quite strict around who the players can interact with at the moment. At least in an official capacity. 

Public appearances are cancelled for first team, acadamy and womens teams. Less players are going to the mix zone post match.  James Milner wasnt allowed to go do some usual post match stuff around the Man of the Match award on Saturday.

I kinda thought that would just be standard practice for all teams but seemingly not.

Just now, Mad Jack Frost said:

Yes, you are. :P 

Considering the whole season has been pretty much LiVARpool, tainted title, the standard of the leagues shit, lol coronavirus is gonna stop the league and it would be hilarious , Slippy G etc I can't blame people for being "unbearable"