Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

Did the players need to meet him?

I was listening to The Athletics podcast on Liverpool yesterday and seemingly LFC are being quite strict around who the players can interact with at the moment. At least in an official capacity. 

Public appearances are cancelled for first team, acadamy and womens teams. Less players are going to the mix zone post match.  James Milner wasnt allowed to go do some usual post match stuff around the Man of the Match award on Saturday.

I kinda thought that would just be standard practice for all teams but seemingly not.

Newcastle have stopped stadium tours, any non football appointments for players, and no non essential folk in the tunnel. I hope we can keep going with our fixtures but it's hope not expectation.

If any get cancelled I'll just catch it at non league...

• Like 1

What I would say is most likely to happen is the league will take a break and end up finishing later.

There may be a cancellation of international competitions in the summer though.

24 minutes ago, Hobo said:

What I would say is most likely to happen is the league will take a break and end up finishing later.

There may be a cancellation of international competitions in the summer though.

If it is that or cancelling the season altogether, or even playing the rest of the season behind closed doors, then I'd much rather they finish this season in the summer and out the Euros back a year.

Thing is, I think the WHO said this wouldn't even be contained by June so what's the solution? Do we all just stop living our lives for the next 9 months and hope coronavirus goes away?

46 minutes ago, Adam said:

Thing is, I think the WHO said this wouldn't even be contained by June so what's the solution? Do we all just stop living our lives for the next 9 months and hope coronavirus goes away?

Lineker edits the topic title to 'Premier League 2019/20/21'.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Danny Drinkwater has been sent home from training after getting into an altercation with Jota. 

I'll take "People who should probably have just retired after winning the league at this point I mean Jesus Christ, Danny" for 200 please, Alex.

• Like 2

They should really park the league for a month or two, finish it ASAP and delay to Euros summer 2021.

There's really too much money on the line for the clubs and their staff for them to not finish these leagues. Imagine the absolute legal mayhem for promotion and relegation if they do cancel the leagues.

They should totally go ahead with the Euro play-offs in two weeks though, with Dubravka injured and 7 Slovakia players stuck in Italy!

30 minutes ago, Colly said:

Sky Sports News coronavirus set is pretty sick.

It should probably self isolate