NHL 2020

1 minute ago, caucasianheat said:

Put Nashville at the top of that list as well, they've done a great job building a fanbase in one the least traditional markets.

I hesitated with Nashville because we don't know what that market will look like after they stop being contenders.

Minnesota does well too but any team in Minnesota would.

I don't think the name is great, but it's not bad. In 5 years, it will be perfectly fine.

EDIT - I didn't realize they had also shown off the jersey. I actually really like the logo and jersey together.

Edited by Toe

That logo is just so bland, it’s takes away from the jerseys.  That does seem to be the issue with most new teams/logos for the past 20 years in the NHL though.  They all have felt like EA has had a hand in designing them for a video game.  They just lean too overly cartoony to me, and way too generic.  The Jets, the electric slug Sabres, the Predators, the Knights, now this, all the same problem.  I feel like you should be striving for logos that can stand the test of time, and none of those do it.  Look at the Sabres for how much better a classic, clean logo can make you look.

The Sharks just looked very 90s.  Much like the Raptors and the Grizzlies original logos did, they were very much a product of their times.  I think my issue with the NHL logos is they aren't a product of any time.  No one is making logos that look like that, anywhere really, besides EA Sports games.  And its really weird to be able to point to that so specifically.

After a real shit outing in their one exhibition game, the Flames came out and played a really good one against the Jets last night. It was weird at first watching without fans, but I settled in very quickly. I think it was pretty easy to forget because I typically try to ignore them anyways.

Talbot was the right choice to start, but I'm really hoping that if he falters, they don't hesitate to make the switch. Rittich runs hot and cold because of his inexperience, but he's the type of guy that could go on a hot streak that steals a series if needed. Talbot was really calm in the crease last night, and I think the boys did a really good job all around, aside from taking a few too many penalties.

• Like 1

So my Pens did not start off so hot last night. It was good hockey but I feel like if they’re going to struggle to figure out Montreal then what are the going to have for other teams down the stretch.

17 hours ago, Toe said:

I think the presentation of the games has been pretty good. I don't really miss the crowd. 

It was a bit weird for the first couple games but now I actually don't even notice that there is no crowd. I'm just so happy to have hockey back that I'd pretty much watch any presentation they give me at this point.

Dude don't say that, they will put Pierre Mcguire back on the air.

• Like 1