NHL 2020

10 hours ago, Plubby said:

More like CalgaFree 😎

I'm actually happy that Calgary lost that first game last night. I feel like the regular season was too easy for them last year, and that's what killed them down the stretch. To have the adversity right away of having to deal with a loss to the team that out-performed them in the first round of the playoffs should be the kick in the ass that they need to really hunker down and understand that there are no easy games.

There are no easy games for Calgary since Calgary doesn't get to play Calgary at all.

9 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

James Neal must have really not liked wearing the color red.

Granted there's still 79 games to go but I'm really liking Neal so far. I wasn't expecting as bad as last season because it was obvious that was an off year but still less than his usual 25 goal season.

21 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

James Neal must have really not liked wearing the color red.

He couldn't keep up with the pace of play early with the Flames, and I think that got into his head. He wasn't getting many chances early last year because he didn't gel with either of the top two lines, so was relegated to third line duty and with his confidence shaken, when he finally started getting chances, he just couldn't pull the trigger.

As much as I dislike Edmonton, I'm happy to see him bouncing back. Neal's a good player, and seems like a good dude.

3 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

He couldn't keep up with the pace of play early with the Flames, and I think that got into his head. He wasn't getting many chances early last year because he didn't gel with either of the top two lines, so was relegated to third line duty and with his confidence shaken, when he finally started getting chances, he just couldn't pull the trigger.

As much as I dislike Edmonton, I'm happy to see him bouncing back. Neal's a good player, and seems like a good dude.

Being on a power play unit with Draisaitl and McDavid certainly helps a lot too.

• 2 weeks later...

McDavid and Draisatl are just 1 and 2 points behind him so yeah, but still he's way on pace to reach 100 which has only been done by Potvin, MacInnis, Leetch and obviously Orr and Coffey. Even if he slows down (which is to be expected) he's always been good with the puck. 80 wouldn't be too farfetched for him and the only people who did it this century were Burns, Karlsson and Lidstrom. It would still be impressive.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Ruki said:

Marner is hurt, and that sucks. The Leafs suck, and that hurts.

But at least Don Cherry got fired.

Leafs are on pace for more points this year than last year so I dunno what you're whining about. :P

As for Cherry it's amazing THAT got him fired. That is one of the more innocuous racist things the man has said. I mean he argues against people wearing visors and thinks that the soft, visor wearing europeans should be more manly, like the good ole Canadian boys with no teeth and scrambled brains.

The fact that poppies is the hill he died on is very strange.

Still, has been inevitable for years and it was always baffling that it never happened, so now it has. Worlds still turning.

• Like 1

Just now, Meacon said:

I just learned last night that he was still even alive.

I mean, we don't know that for sure. Sometimes after a body is dead it can still release gases which makes voice like whining noises.

• Like 2

Don Cherry spent 30 years treating French Canadians as second class, 20 years as thinking Europeans aren't manly enough, and just the last 10 actually going after people of color since he finally had to acknowledge their existence.

He had a guy sitting next to him whose job was 80% make sure he doesn't drop a racial slur on the air.

And despite that he still got to keep his job for far too long.

Of course, Andrew Scheer has to be livid this happened after the election. Imagine having this happen in the middle of October.

• Like 2

Just heard two women talk about how sad it was that Cherry lost his job and it was political correctness gone madz so if you want to know his target audience,  it is forty to sixty year old white women. 

• Like 2