UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Lineker

Salzburg are a really good team. It'll be a shame for them when half of Europe comes calling for their best players

Tough game but we deserved to win and really we should gave buried a few chances. They had their own opportunities like but overall an entertaining match to watch 

18 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Salzburg are a really good team. It'll be a shame for them when half of Europe comes calling for their best players

Are we really living in a world where we're feeling sympathy for the Red Bull teams? I'm sure they'll be alright.

And honestly, I'd pick Leipzig to beat Chelsea too. Werner is an absolute machine, Forsberg is getting back into form finally, and there's just so many good talents there. Plus, Nagelsmann is a superb manager. I'd expect him to out think Lampard no issues.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

ITV has begun talks with BT over sublicensing some of BT's games, according to The Sunday Times. 

The broadcaster, led by Dame Carolyn McCall, wants to bring live coverage of Europe’s most prestigious football competition back to free-to-air terrestrial television after losing out against BT in last year's auction of UK broadcasting rights.

Free-to-air live Champions League coverage has been absent from UK screens for the past few seasons. When BT first took over the rights in 2015, it originally screened a small selection of games on its now defunct BT Showcase Freeview channel and ITV screened highlights. But since 2018, BT has total control of all rights, which has taken the pan-European club championship off the radar for many casual sports fans.

BT must now decide if it wants to give the Champions League wider exposure to gather more public interest in the event, or whether it's happy to keep all live coverage behind a paywall to boost the value of its subscription.