UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Lineker

Could've been better for Chelsea but it could've been a lot worse. I wouldn't want to predict how Group H will turn out because it could go in absolutely any order and I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised.

• Admin

Emre Can has said he is “shocked and furious” after being left out of Juventus’s Champions League squad. The midfielder found out there was no place for him in Maurizio Sarri’s list of 22 players while on duty with Germany this week and will seek urgent talks with the club when he returns to Turin next week.

The 25-year-old, who joined Juventus from Liverpool on a free in the summer of 2018, said: “The fact that I am not in the Champions League squad is extremely shocking for me, mainly because I was promised something different last week. There were talks with other clubs [before the transfer window closed] and one of the conditions for me to stay was to be part of the Champions League squad.”

Can made 37 appearances and scored four goals for Juventus last season under Massimiliano Allegri, whom Sarri replaced in the summer. The player was also angered by the way the club’s decision was relayed to him.

“On Tuesday they phoned me and told me, in a conversation that didn’t even last a minute, that I was not on the list and they didn’t give an explanation. That does make me angry and furious because I think that I played well last season, above all in the Champions League. I really can’t understand this and will now see what I decide to do from here and I will seek talks with the club next week.”

Mario Mandzukic was also left out of the squad together with the defender Giorgio Chiellini, who is injured. Juventus face Atlético Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and Lokomotiv Moscow in their group.

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Emre Can has said he is “shocked and furious” after being left out of Juventus’s Champions League squad.

Emre Can... More like Emre Can't play in the Champions League

• Thanks 1

• Admin

So...

Chelsea’s Champions League opponents Valencia have been thrown into chaos after the club’s owner, Peter Lim, announced the sacking of Marcelino García Toral six days before their visit to Stamford Bridge. Marcelino has been replaced by the former Spain Under-21s manager Albert Celades, after a crisis that has been growing steadily over the last year and was played out publicly during the summer finally exploded on Wednesday. Valencia face Barcelona at the Camp Nou on Saturday night before travelling to London.

Dortmund-Barca has been decent for a 0-0. 

Barca have had more of the ball and done more of the pushing to get a goal, but Dortmund look threatening on the counter. Ansu Fati has Hakimi on toast at the moment as well. 16 years old and he's playing like this. Crazy.

This has been a proper game of two teams tactically cancelling one another out. Not many chances for either side although both keepers have had to pull off a really good save each. 

What is the actual point in VAR.