NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Now find me 7-8 that will actually play the whole season :shifty:

i think the problem is (like i've encountered doing a rotisserie baseball fantasy league in the past) the daily updating of rosters/checking waivers that might turn people off. not sure if there's a way around it, but if we could have a lock on our roster weekly or something, it may generate more active players - kinda like nfl or something.

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Now find me 7-8 that will actually play the whole season :shifty:

If you need a body I promise to set my roster at least twice as often as I do in baseball, which means I'd get to it every other week instead of once a month.

Also I do know a lot more about basketball than I know about baseball.

Has anybody played on basketball.sports.ws? It's still fantasy basketball, but you only need to check your lineups weekly and, for the most part, they are good for the entire season. It's a bit of a different approach to fantasy basketball, but I've enjoyed playing on there for nearly ten years.

I've played fantasy baseball, fantasy basketball, and fantasy football on Yahoo, along with one season of fantasy auto racing (NASCAR). When I've done lousy in fantasy baseball, its been due to injuries or player massively underperforming. But I just plain suck at fantasy basketball.

6 hours ago, Benjamin said:

I'm down to play this season, think I skipped last season if I'm not mistaken. Either that or I just gave up in the first couple of months because I didn't get the first draft pick (which didn't help, TBH :shifty:)

Everyone skipped last season

19 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Everyone skipped last season

1. JMarushin
  2. Maxx
  3. Slogger
  4. Benjamin
  5. Pooker
  6. DMN
  7. MCD
  8. KClolz
  9. ACE
  10. SRar

Looks like we'd have enough!

It's been awhile since I have done fantasy basketball haha

Maybe, but I don't see any obvious reason any of the teams from last season would fall out of the playoffs. Maybe the Nets? Magic should be better so they'll stay in. I could see Detroit falling back out, but the other 6-7 will probably be back in the playoffs.

So, can you be better than Detroit, Brooklyn, and probably Miami? You could make it!

On 29/08/2019 at 11:40, DMN said:

Maybe, but I don't see any obvious reason any of the teams from last season would fall out of the playoffs. Maybe the Nets? Magic should be better so they'll stay in. I could see Detroit falling back out, but the other 6-7 will probably be back in the playoffs.

So, can you be better than Detroit, Brooklyn, and probably Miami? You could make it!

wait, why Brooklyn? Unless you think Kyrie is so toxic that he can bring a whole team down just by being there? 

1 hour ago, livid said:

wait, why Brooklyn? Unless you think Kyrie is so toxic that he can bring a whole team down just by being there? 

I'm just hedging because they had the most change of any of the teams that should be solidly in the playoffs in the East. I could see things taking a while to gel, but you're probably right and they aren't really in danger of missing.

I honestly think the only team that wasn't in that has a chance is Miami, with Detroit being the weakest who made it. I like Blake better as a teams best player than Jimmy, so I'd probably still have the Pistons in. Chicago and Atlanta would probably be 10/11 for me.