Sign in to follow this  
Pooker

NBA 2019-2020 Season

While I understand that some players need rest during the regular season and that it is a long, grueling season with a bunch of nagging injuries, Kawhi is taking it to a whole other level. And it's a joke to me. He claims he's still injured, but theres never been any prove outside of his word and the Clippers have been inconsistent with their injury reports about him, hence the fine.

And if he really is still injured, or recovering from an injury, how is he able to play at an MVP level when he does play? I've watched a lot of basketball and I dont think I've ever seen an "injured" player average 29 points per game.

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

So the NBA came out and said that they are OK with the Clippers resting Kawhi Leonard on back to backs because they believe the Clippers medical staff that Kawhi's knee is hurt enough to require the rest.

And the next day, they fine the Clippers $50,000 for inconsistent reports about Kawhi's supposed injury. This league had no idea what it is doing about load management and it's becoming a joke.

I believe Kawhi has a degenerative (or something similar) condition in his knee, so it's legit. The problem was Doc Rivers saying he was fine.

• Like 1

Maybe he just meant like daaamn he fine as hell

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Pooker said:

While I understand that some players need rest during the regular season and that it is a long, grueling season with a bunch of nagging injuries, Kawhi is taking it to a whole other level. And it's a joke to me. He claims he's still injured, but theres never been any prove outside of his word and the Clippers have been inconsistent with their injury reports about him, hence the fine.

And if he really is still injured, or recovering from an injury, how is he able to play at an MVP level when he does play? I've watched a lot of basketball and I dont think I've ever seen an "injured" player average 29 points per game.

Did you not see him last year in the playoffs? You can still play at a high level while being hurt, it's just a matter of how much wear and tear you want to put on it. And he and Clippers are smartly reducing the amount of wear and tear on a thing they can't really fix, it's just about managing at this point.

What's really bullshit is fans complaining about load management when the NBA schedules a 100-game regular and post season in an 8 month span. If your team is good enough to reach the playoffs in the spot your organisation is comfortable with by resting players during certain games, by all means go for it. It's not the players' fault the NBA wants to suck every possible penny out of their fans. Why do some teams need to face each other four times in the regular season, when they could conceivably face each other another seven times in the post is beyond me.

• Like 1

Players never had a problem with it until this current generation came along. Maybe I just got spoiled growing up watching players play every game in the 90s. I'll happily agree that the NBA season is gruelingly long and that players should be rested towards the end of it, when your teams playoff spot is secure. But 5 games into the season? Or pre planning it before the season starts? Please. They're getting paid millions of dollars, get the best training and eating available. Not a fan of it, never will be, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

I guess I'll put this here since we don't give a shit about college basketball here but: 

Woj said it was typo, was 2018 lol
Edited by livid

It's too early in the season for the Jazz to be playing with my heart like they did tonight. Thank God for Bogey. Might be the best signing in Jazz history. 

Also, to show that I kinda follow college basketball, the Utah Utes won by a NCAA record 94 points tonight. Insane. 

6 hours ago, Meacon said:

Like three of us do!

When it comes to college basketball, I honestly pay more attention to the women than the men. But that's probably because the women's team was better than the men's here for quite a long time.

Gordan Hayward broke his hand. And just as he was starting to regain his form. Feel bad for him.

Melo has signed with the Blazers.

Glad he's getting another chance.

Edited by Tyrone

Melo's contract is non-guaranteed, so if its not working out, the Blazers don't really lose anything. But when you already have two ball dominate players in Dame and CJ, why sign a black hole like Melo?

5 hours ago, Meacon said:

Knicks are 2-0 against Dallas this year. 

1-9 versus everybody else. <_< 

The Mavs have plenty of talent, but oh god beyond Doncic the team is just so frustratingly hot/cold from a day to day basis. Some days you got half the team scoring 15 points and totally demolishing any team they face... Then they are falling short to the Knicks twice in a row, who (no offense) they should be demolishing.

The life of a team that's both one of the best on offense, but also one of the worst on defense.

At least Kristaps can say that he's been out of the running for about 1.5 seasons and there's some serious rust issues going on that he needs to get through before he might get back to his old level.

Until then, Luka will continue trying to make a bid for youngest MVP in league history, because jesus fuck this dude's unreal. Every time he manages to surprise me with another crazy statline.

If Kristaps can get his groove back, and they can trade or sign a !consistent! third option to the team, there might not be teams that can outgun them.

12 hours ago, Meacon said:

Knicks are 2-0 against Dallas this year. 

1-9 versus everybody else. <_< 

SEE YOU IN THE FINALS

Lol,clips.

Man, calling that foul a flagrant really cost us the game :( I sort of get it, it was in the face, but man. Lost 6 of our last 7, rough stretch.

We host Portland tomorrow, my god I hope they play Melo!

12 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Man, calling that foul a flagrant really cost us the game :( I sort of get it, it was in the face, but man. Lost 6 of our last 7, rough stretch.

We host Portland tomorrow, my god I hope they play Melo!

They're saying not until Tuesday at the earliest, unfortunately. If he lasts a month, I'll be shocked. 

Luka putting up insane trip dub numbers against us :( didn't know you can be angry and in awe at the same time.

• Like 1

Luka is so insanely good. And he's only 20 years old? Mavs got lucky with him and hopefully Cuban can actually build a team around him.