NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

5 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Can someone explain the racist context here? When I hear that, and try to think how it's offensive, I think of it being a slut shaming type remark or homophobic slur like he's on his knees sucking a dick. 

I'm not debating it wasn't racist, I just want to understand how it was. No matter what, guy is clearly a bellend.

The implication is that Westbrook should be on his knees like a slave.

• Thanks 1

The Jazz have won 5 straight games. They've all been against sub .500 teams and we've lost a lead and had to regain it in every game, but a win is a win.

Too bad we're going to get destroyed when we start playing good teams again.

Also, any thoughts on the NBA's new season proposals? Mid season tournament, with players receiving a million dollar bonus if they win, a 78 game season, and reseeding the final four teams in the playoffs?

• 2 weeks later...

All Star fan voting is a joke. Always has been, always will be. Tacko Fall and Alex Caurso being in the top ten are all the proof anybody should need. The NBA should have the media select the top twenty players from each conference,  have the fans vote for the top five in each conference, and have the coaches select the rest of the teams.

7 minutes ago, DMN said:

All-Star means a lot more in the NBA than Pro Bowler does in the NFL, but I'm still all for Caruso, Fall, and even Dwight and Melo making it.

Yeah, bonuses are tied to it and it helps in contract negotiations. Which I think is a shame because it really should be a game for the fans to see their favorite players go out there and basically be the Harlem Globetrotters.

• 3 weeks later...