NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

Life can be rreally short. Take nothing for granted. Such a tragedy :( 

Looking like it might be true.

I, I just have so many memories. From the moment I entered high school Kobe Bryant was a fixture in my life through the Lakers. I keep thinking about the air balls against the Jazz for some reason. The lost seasons after Shaq, the championships with Pau and LO. Obviously, there's Colorado, I'm not going to speak on it but I won't ignore it happened.

In the end, he was our dude, and any time someone throws a piece of paper in the trash and goes 'Kobe', he'll be remembered, and that might sound silly, but it means he won't be forgotten.

I think I'm going to cry.

• Like 3

US basketball legend Kobe Bryant has been killed in a helicopter crash in the city of Calabasas, California.

Bryant was travelling in a private helicopter when it burst into flames, according to media reports.

The LA County Sheriff's department said five people died in the helicopter crash on Sunday, with no survivors.

Confirming the death, the City of Calabasas confirmed the news with "great sadness". It said "nobody on the ground was hurt".

Eyewitnesses told news site TMZ they heard the helicopter's engine spluttering before it went down.

The cause of the crash is being investigated.

Five-time NBA champion Bryant, 41, played his entire 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers. He retired in April 2016.

Bryant's achievements include being the 2008 NBA Most Valuable Player and two-time NBA Finals MVP. He was also two-time NBA scoring champion and a two-time Olympic champion.

He also won an Oscar for best short animated film in 2018 for Dear Basketball, a five-minute film based on a love letter to the sport he had written in 2015.

Terrible. I've never been a hardcore basketball fan, but Kobe was someone you didn't have to follow basketball to know about. It sounds like a horrible way to go.

EDIT: Sorry. Missed the discussion in the NBA topic. Feel free to ignore this.

Oh man, this hurts. As a PA kid growing up watching Kobe just dominate, he was my absolute basketball idol. From yelling Kobe any time we would get a head shot in COD, or like DMN said with the shot in the trash can, to the great memories on the court. My favorite player ever. I really hope his daughters weren't on the helicopter. That's just not fair to be gone so young

4 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

TMZ are reporting that one of his daughters, Gianna Maria Onore Bryant, died in the crash as well. 

Truly awful... 

I believe she was his oldest.

I'm reading the comments on Reddit and I'm sitting in my car on lunch crying. I honestly haven't felt like this since Tupac got shot. Celebrity deaths usually don't affect me, but this one really has.