NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

Yeah Baltimore has a billboard up remembering Kobe & GiGi and everyone else who perished. It's kind of tacky with how it references the other victims imo. But it was obviously hastily prepared...

23 hours ago, DMN said:

I'm actually not sure if I'm behind an official league retirement. Feels wrong to me, but I can't place why.

Everywhere you look in LA there's memorial stuff. Even the buses say 'RIP KOBE', not just on the front placard but on the back. Kobe was really the biggest sports star in Los Angeles history.

Yeah I should have specified that I don't think the league will officially retire Kobe's numbers, but it'll be like #66 in the NHL where players just don't wear it. And if they currently wear it they'll likely change their numbers.

20 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Yeah Baltimore has a billboard up remembering Kobe & GiGi and everyone else who perished. It's kind of tacky with how it references the other victims imo. But it was obviously hastily prepared...

Yeah I should have specified that I don't think the league will officially retire Kobe's numbers, but it'll be like #66 in the NHL where players just don't wear it. And if they currently wear it they'll likely change their numbers.

I'm perfectly happy to let each player decide for themselves. From what I've seen, some have changed, others, because they already wore the number because of Kobe, have kept it. I feel each is an appropriate reaction.

I'm really looking forward to the next Lakers home game. I almost with they hadn't postponed the Clipper game, that would have been an atmosphere like no other. More wake than funeral, I'd think.

40 minutes ago, DMN said:

I'm perfectly happy to let each player decide for themselves. From what I've seen, some have changed, others, because they already wore the number because of Kobe, have kept it. I feel each is an appropriate reaction.

I'm really looking forward to the next Lakers home game. I almost with they hadn't postponed the Clipper game, that would have been an atmosphere like no other. More wake than funeral, I'd think.

One of the Jazz players changed their number from 24 to 81. I thought that was a pretty cool tribute.

For the Jazz game on Monday, the announcers kept talking about how it felt more like a memorial, instead of a basketball game. I could only imagine how the Lakers/Clippers would have been.

All Star reserves were announced today, both Mitchell and Gobert made it. I am one happy Jazz fan tonight.

• Lineker changed the title to NBA 2019-2020 Season

I don't understand the new All-Star Game rules. So they start the first three quarters 0-0, then the fourth starts and they add it all up and add 24? That means if the team in the lead wins, they'd have scored 24 points in the 4th quarter? Seems a little low, given how high scoring the games have been.

1 hour ago, michgcs said:

I don't understand the new All-Star Game rules. So they start the first three quarters 0-0, then the fourth starts and they add it all up and add 24? That means if the team in the lead wins, they'd have scored 24 points in the 4th quarter? Seems a little low, given how high scoring the games have been.

Nope, that's pretty much it. It's a different version of the Elam Ending. The fourth quarter will have no clock at all, so teams will hopefully be playing more defense. It'll be different and a little odd.

23 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Nope, that's pretty much it. It's a different version of the Elam Ending. The fourth quarter will have no clock at all, so teams will hopefully be playing more defense. It'll be different and a little odd.

Huh. Yeah I guess defense is gonna be the focus in the fourth.

The Knicks are trying to trade for D’Angelo Russell.  I’m not sure the return the Warriors were looking for when they signed him was...well anything the Knicks could offer really.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DMN said:

I believe his contract is up after next season.

It is. I just read an article (on a Knicks fan page I believe) where it suggested the Knicks were hoping to trade for him.

Obviously I'm being facetious with the ten picks, but three seems legitimate.

A trade would benefit both teams as Ujiri shouldn't be Raptors President after this season unless he signs an extension.