NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

8 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

You can't trade execs but when you hire a guy under contract the team can ask for compensation to release him from said contract.

Also, Ujiri is gonna laugh in NY's face. Why would he ever want to work for King of the Boomers?

The challenge and a bigger platform for his Giants of Africa program.

As long as Dolan owns the Knicks, it's not a challenge, just whoever takes the job, setting themselves up for failure.

Huge four team trade last night, with Robert Covington going to the Rockets, Clint Capela to the Hawks, and ten other players moving between Denver, Atlanta, Minnesota, and Houston.

50 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Lot of machinations by Minnesota to get out from the Wiggins contract. Giving up that protected first is probably okay.

Meanwhile what is GSW doing? They have zero cap flexibility now with Wiggins in the fold.

It's only top 3 protected, so still pretty good.

Golden State is sitting pretty good. They got Curry and Klay locked up, going to have at least a top 3 pick, if not better in this years draft and a decent pick in next years with Minnesotas pick. Curry, Klay, Draymond, Wiggins, and a top 3 pick next year and they'll be back towards the top of the West.

That's the one that baffled me, and I can't think Drummond is the slightest bit happy to be heading to the worst team in the East during his prime for such a meagre return. Bizarre move from the Pistons, and it would be a steal for the Cavs if it didn't worsen their chances of getting a higher lottery pick.

Pistons wanted out of his contract. He was either going to walk this off-season, or exercise his player option which handcuffs the Pistons an extra year.

He's good but we weren't ever going anywhere with him. The team has been in such a purgatory for years, they are finally looking like they will bottom out to improve. 

He's been rumored in trades for awhile. Plus...his attitude kind of sucks when things don't go his way.

The NBA isn't going to fine Damian Lillard for complaining about the referees in Friday night's `loss' to the Jazz.

I say `loss' because the refs handed the Jazz the win by ignoring blatant goaltending by Rudy Gobert at the end of the game.

The referees blew the call, they admitted it after the game, all the Jazz players admitted it, the NBA admitted it the next morning. It was a blown call.

But, if Portland hadn't themselves blow a 14 point lead, it never would have came down to it. And with the way the Jazz have been playing the last few weeks, Portland never should have them back into the game.

I'm happy the Jazz won, I would prefer it not to be controversial, but a win is a win. Every team is always on the end of at least one of those calls every year.

Oh, I know it. I'm just saying that if they had fined Lillard, then they'd better have fined or suspended the refs over that bullcrap. You can't fairly punish someone for going off on the refs botching things, unless it borders on verbal abuse.

This morning, one of the sports shows was talking about whether or not Lillard should be in the running for MVP, and the consensus was basically `Not no, but fuck no'. Because you can't be the MVP if you're on a team that doesn't make the playoffs, or does but just barely. They brought up the ending to that game leading into the discussion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

The judges allegedly planned to end the final in a tie and then one went off-script.

That's what you get when you have someone's former teammate/mentor amongst the judges. Dwyane Wade was always going to go with his boy Derrick Jones.

1 hour ago, JMarushin said:

Like they had a planned finish before the contest?

From all accounts they wanted it to go to a tie 48/48, so that it would become a 5 person vote for 'body of work' throughout the night instead. Wade played along, but when they were inputting the numbers Wade reneged on the promise and scored a single point lower, quickly removed his headset and pretty much went into business for himself.

14 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

From all accounts they wanted it to go to a tie 48/48, so that it would become a 5 person vote for 'body of work' throughout the night instead. Wade played along, but when they were inputting the numbers Wade reneged on the promise and scored a single point lower, quickly removed his headset and pretty much went into business for himself.

Did Vince chew his ass in gorilla afterwards?

• Like 1