NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

7 minutes ago, DYSI said:

Not sure why the Knicks aren't using their cap space to acquire 1sts at this point. What is the point of signing Randle when you could just stockpile assists and get another Top 5 pick in next years draft?

Because the Knicks suck at drafting and seem to think that signing a marquee free agent is the only way to go.

Hey now. Kristaps was a great pick, even if he didn't work out in NYC, and at least we took RJ Barrett and didn't trade #3 for #8 and #10 like the rumor originally was.

Also Knicks are getting Julius Randle. I think I read 3-years for $63 million, so at least we're not completely empty handed. @Trent Buschetta

Randle is a good start. They reportedly had interest in Favors, which would be a good pick up along with Randle. Dennis Smith, RJ Barrett, Randle, and Favors is the start of a pretty good core. Another good draft, sign some role players to fill out the bench, and you'll at least be back in the playoffs.

Nevermind, Knicks just gave Taj Gibson $20 million over 2 years. They're a bunch of idiots and I'm sorry for any of their fans. Come out west and root for the Jazz with me!

Iggy's off to Dallas too.

Oh. Hey. Look at that. Another example of players loyalty being nothing.

D'Lo alongside Curry and Klay is great, but man....I feel bad for Iggy.

Team loyalty, I agree on, but I do feel like the players owe a certain amount of loyalty to the city and communities they play in. We're the ones cheering them on, buying their gear, paying our hard earned money, just to watch them play basketball. It hurts when a player leaves with no prior warning.

Golden State did Iggy dirty, and honestly, I don't know if it was a good move for them. I don't see Russell fitting in with Curry and Thompson. They're going to need some front court help to make it work, especially this year.

Updated my post with all the latest deals.

As far as Russell signing with the Warriors, my biggest concern is that instead of DLo going to KAT in Minnesota, that KAT will opt out next year and follow him to the Warriors...

They wouldn't be able to sign KAT. Already got three max contracts in Seth, Russell, and Klay. Unless he signed for the vet min, he's not going to Golden State.

Yeah, no it’s bizarre. I mean, if they wanted to do it in ten or fifteen years that’d be one thing. Still bizarre since it was just two years, but it wouldn’t be anywhere near as weird as announcing it the day after he leaves. 

Also, I don’t know why I had optimism. I was so excited for this offseason and I’m sitting here listening to a Knicks podcast and I’m...im just sad. :(