NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

40 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Yeah, no it’s bizarre. I mean, if they wanted to do it in ten or fifteen years that’d be one thing. Still bizarre since it was just two years, but it wouldn’t be anywhere near as weird as announcing it the day after he leaves. 

Also, I don’t know why I had optimism. I was so excited for this offseason and I’m sitting here listening to a Knicks podcast and I’m...im just sad. :( 

I really don't think the moves they made are bad, they're just not very sexy. I honestly find it very weird they're getting dragged so much because usually the media lauds teams for maintaining cap flexibility. The KP move looks worse in hindsight but sounds like he wanted out anyways so better to do it then instead of after it became public that he wanted out. 

1 hour ago, livid said:

I really don't think the moves they made are bad, they're just not very sexy. I honestly find it very weird they're getting dragged so much because usually the media lauds teams for maintaining cap flexibility. The KP move looks worse in hindsight but sounds like he wanted out anyways so better to do it then instead of after it became public that he wanted out. 

That’s the thing. We traded KP for cap space for KD and/or Kyrie and got neither.  Now we will sign schlubs for big money one year deals or take on other teams bad contracts to get to the cap floor. It  makes the offseason and the KP trade busts. 

I like the Randle signing but there’s no reason to think we will be anything more than a 24 win team which would be a HUGE improvement over last years team. There just seems to be no plan in place. They tell us we’re trading KP to make cap space but then it comes out that Dolan had no desire to offer Durant a max contract? Then WTF was the cap space for? It’s just dumb and the more I look at it, the more I realize they have no gameplan in place at all.

19 minutes ago, Chris2Kay said:

Woj is reporting that there is "zero interest" in DeMarcus Cousins league-wide.

I feel sorry for him :(.

Whats wrong with him?

Just now, JMarushin said:

Whats wrong with him?

History of poor attitude if left unchecked or not on a winning team, and his left leg is utterly borked. There's a lot of questions about how healthy he'd be, and whether his head will be screwed on right if the team's not on track for rings.

I expect him to find a team, but he'll not command a max deal. I'd sooner see him jump on a one year deal with a team where he'll have to prove whether or not he's still got plenty game left in him.

2 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

History of poor attitude if left unchecked or not on a winning team, and his left leg is utterly borked. There's a lot of questions about how healthy he'd be, and whether his head will be screwed on right if the team's not on track for rings.

I expect him to find a team, but he'll not command a max deal. I'd sooner see him jump on a one year deal with a team where he'll have to prove whether or not he's still got plenty game left in him.

Yeah that's a lot going against a guy then unfortunately

3 hours ago, Chris2Kay said:

Woj is reporting that there is "zero interest" in DeMarcus Cousins league-wide.

I feel sorry for him :(.

Why would you feel sorry for some one with as bad as an attitude as he has?

I dunno, just feel sympathy for someone who has suffered a pretty severe run of injuries and isn't able to find a deal when they should be in their prime at just 28.

I've been watching some Summer League games today, some of the Grizzlies players had some superb three point shooting. 

Jazz signed Jeff Green to a one year vet minimum deal. Excellent signing. Can we start the season yet?

And now the Jazz have signed Emmanuel Muiday. I know none of the players we have signed are all stars, but this off season is amazing and one of the best we've ever had.

Edited by Pooker

6 hours ago, Chris2Kay said:

I dunno, just feel sympathy for someone who has suffered a pretty severe run of injuries and isn't able to find a deal when they should be in their prime at just 28.

If he didn't have a shitty attitude, I'd agree. But that just kills my sympathy. And is probably the icing on the cake for lack of interest by other teams.

10 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

The Warriors retiring Durant's number after only three seasons strikes me as odd, but then again I could see the Raptors retiring Kawhi's number after one season so whatever.

It strikes me as odd, as well. I don't remember who said it, but someone said if they're retiring his number, they'd better build statues of Steph and Klay. I agree with that completely.