NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

Zion is out of the remainder of the Summer League after suffering a knee injury last night, making my purchase of NBA League Pass to watch the Summer League slightly less fulfilling.

On a related note watching the game last night when the earthquake hit was crazy, to have that much of an impact on a building so far away from the epicenter is just staggering.

So, apparently, Paul George used to date his new coach, Doc Rivers, daughter. He cheated on her with a Miami stripper and they broke up.

That's gonna make practice awkward.

“The Athletic reported that the Miami Heat and Detroit Pistons also have interest in Westbrook, who averaged 22.9 points, 11.1 rebounds and 10.9 assists last season, marking the third consecutive campaign he averaged a triple-double.”

I mean, I’d basically just ask the Thunder who they wanted as long as it wasn’t Blake. We don’t have the ammo anyway, just think it would make us a far more interesting team if they could pull off a move like that. It wont happen, but I do hope they can still make a significant trade.

Just reading this article about Giannis which is a really interesting dive into his background, and this sentence stood out to me:

In all, 29 of the 30 NBA franchises made the big journey to Filathitikos' small arena to assess Giannis before the 2013 draft. Only the New York Knicks missed out.

Sorry @Meacon

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Chris2Kay said:

Just reading this article about Giannis which is a really interesting dive into his background, and this sentence stood out to me:

Sorry @Meacon

All you can do is laugh right? That or cry.

23 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

The Raptors have re-signed Patrick McCaw, guaranteeing they will repeat as NBA Champions. Dude has never not won a championship since he joined the league. 

Adorable.

2 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

The Raptors have re-signed Patrick McCaw, guaranteeing they will repeat as NBA Champions. Dude has never not won a championship since he joined the league. 

Or he gets traded..

Random question - what is the etiquette behind helping fallen players up from the court?

In most other sports, at least in Europe, if a player is on the ground then whoever is nearest, regardless of what team they're on, helps them back to their feet. In basketball though it seems that if an opposing player goes to help someone up then it's some kind of insult, and players on the same team rush over from wherever they may be to offer a hand (although the speed depends on if it's someone like LeBron on the floor or, say, Anthony Wiggins).

Then you have instances where a teammate is left to get up themselves with no help and it becomes a huge deal like when everyone on the Cavs ignored Kevin Love once.

I remember an instance in the early 2000s, I believe, when the Jazz were playing the Sonics. Gary Payton fell to the ground and a Jazz player, Andrei Kirilenko, rushed to his help. But Karl Malone pushed Kirilenko out of the way, telling him not to do it.

I asked my dad why Malone wouldn't let him help and he said it was because Payton would probably have poked him in the eye in the way up.

I don't know if that's the real reason why or not, but it kinda makes sense. That, and it's kind of a teammate thing. Like, you want to be there to help your teammates up, but screw the other team.