Marvel Universe 2.0 (WIP)

I have worked a lot more the last 2 weeks but also had a lot more time off than I usually do so I thought I would add to this. 
Updated as of 01/01/2024

Current Specs
Promotions: 1 Marvel Championship Universe(MCU)
Workers: 253 (66 signed to MCU. I added all workers to the company then ran a simulation for a month to allow releases)
Staff: 63 (20 random Owners generated)
Belts: 9 (Men's Single, Women's Single, Infinity Gauntlet, I have added the infinity stones as titles. Do with them as you like, I have an idea for my game.)
Events: 12 (Based on Marvel Timeline Events)
Television: 2 (Names need work. one Prime time and Early Evening)
Alter Egos: Currently removed (Will be based on Earth-616)
Relationships: Removed. Will only add if I'd expect a reaction from on of them leaving the company. (i.e Thor won't be upset of Hela got fired)
Wages: I've set the wages at (.75xOVR)1000. e.g. If the worker has 84OVR they'll be paid $61,000 etc
Stats: are based on Marvel's Power Grids. The stats may seem a bit off here and there but these are all in comparison to each others.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lggmjvtq9zrtzba/MRVLDATA01012024.rar/file

Notes: I will gradually add to this as necessary. Always looking to add workers/staff. Would like to expand on promotions at some point.

Spoiler

Original Specs
Promotions: 1 (MCU)
Workers: 106 (57 signed to MCU)
Staff: 22 (24 random Owners and a few others will be generated)
Belts: 0
Events: 0
Television: 0
Alter Egos: All "real identities" have been added (Based on Earth-616)
Relationships: Several done. Mostly only if I'd expect a reaction from on of them leaving the company. (i.e Thor won't be upset of Hela got fired)

Contracts: The Original Avengers have unsackable contracts where as other heroes with their own Movies in the MCU have written (along with their foes)
                         The rest are only on open contracts.
Wages: I've set the wages at (.75xOVR)1000. e.g. If the worker has 84OVR they'll be paid $61,000 etc
Stats: are based on Marvel's Power Grids. The stats may seem a bit off here and there but these are all in comparison to each others.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8csve3eqxlps8fr/ewr_marvelu_010.zip/file

Notes: I slowly started with gimmicks but decided to curb it for the time being until I decide how I want to pursue it. Comic Book Hero/Villain makes most sense to me but then I'm lazy.

If there is anyone/anything you would like added (Especially staff wise) please let me know. This is a work in  progress. This initial file will be the base so updates will be less frequent but hopefully not to infrequent. I want to focus on getting what I have done already up to scratch but will keep notes on future additions

Cheers.

Edited by Rocky
Updated
  • Like 2

Hey man, 

Just browsing the threads and this caught my attention. I downloaded the file but it didn't work. All of the files for the DATA we're separated so I don't think the game recognized it? 

In any case, based off your description here regarding staff, why not get the writers/illustrators of either the movies and/or comics for personnel. Also, bring in Bruce Campbell's Ring Announcer and add Bonesaw McGraw as a wrestler maybe? (If they're in there already, disregard)

Are you strictly going for the MCU/actors presence or is it kind of open ended? 

11 hours ago, MegaCity1 said:

Hey man, 

Just browsing the threads and this caught my attention. I downloaded the file but it didn't work. All of the files for the DATA we're separated so I don't think the game recognized it?  

In any case, based off your description here regarding staff, why not get the writers/illustrators of either the movies and/or comics for personnel. Also, bring in Bruce Campbell's Ring Announcer and add Bonesaw McGraw as a wrestler maybe? (If they're in there already, disregard)

Are you strictly going for the MCU/actors presence or is it kind of open ended? 

I checked the download file and everything is as it should be. Did you just drag and drop the DATA folder into your EWR folder?

I'm not basing it directly off of the movies. I have MCU in there just so the initial start up game is a group of people that everyone would be somewhat knowledgeable of the roster.
If anything, the staff would be the more behind the scenes types i.e STan Lee, Jack Kirby etc as writers but I also have the likes of Happy Hogan and Pepper Potts as staff members.

The hardest part with adding workers in the future is who to determine to put in and who has no use of being in there. I have a bulk of the main players already just unsure as where to go from here.

Thanks for the input though. Everything is appreciated.

9 hours ago, Rocky Champ Champ said:

I checked the download file and everything is as it should be. Did you just drag and drop the DATA folder into your EWR folder?

I'm not basing it directly off of the movies. I have MCU in there just so the initial start up game is a group of people that everyone would be somewhat knowledgeable of the roster.
If anything, the staff would be the more behind the scenes types i.e STan Lee, Jack Kirby etc as writers but I also have the likes of Happy Hogan and Pepper Potts as staff members.

The hardest part with adding workers in the future is who to determine to put in and who has no use of being in there. I have a bulk of the main players already just unsure as where to go from here.

Thanks for the input though. Everything is appreciated.

Well, I couldn't play it because I have TEW 🤣Whoops. I didn't pay attention to the tag. I was wondering why there were multiple files haha. Ah, man, that's a bummer. 

But, since this is pretty cool and your trying to pull it together, I don't mind continuing on with suggestions and the like! 

I haven't played EWR in a long while so I forget what the setup/layout for all characters and their roles in the game.

With Stan Lee & Jack Kirby having passed, are you keeping them alive in this universe or trying to keep it "current"? If there are Year End Awards, maybe you can make awards after them?

To fill out the writers, here are some names you can run with (I tried to stray away from DC writers, but some of these guys bounce between both so I gave them consideration just to pad it out)

-Jim Starlin (The Infinity Gauntlet)

-Jonathan Hickman (The Fantastic Four)

-John Bryne (Days of Future Past, Dark Phoenix)

-Mark Waid (Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, S.H.I.E.L.D.)

-Ed Brubaker (Uncanny: X-Men, Daredevil, Secret Avengers)

-Fabian Nicieza (Thunderbolts, Daredevil)

- Christopher Lost & Craig Kyle (X-23)

-Brian Michael Bendis (Ultimate Universe/Ultimate Spider-Man)

-Louise Simonsen (X-Factor, New Mutants)

- Brian K. Vaughn (Runaways)

-Peter David (The Incredible Hulk)

-Chris Claremont (X-Men)

- Al Ewing (Immortal Hulk)

- Jason Aaron (Thor/Avengers)

- Donny Cates (Venom)

-Ta-Nehisi Coates (Captain America/Black Panther)

-Mariko Tamaki (X-23)

-Ryan Spencer & Nick Ottley (Amazing Spider-Man)

-Phil Brooks 😏 (Drax the Destroyer)

The titles in the parentheses are the comics they have written or were define by. Also, there is a power ranking but I forgot to do that as I was writing, I'd be happy to help flesh them out if you choose to go this direction. All of these writers are Marvel writers, for the most part.

Also, I'd give Pepper Potts and Happy Hogan a manager or personality role? Could I suggest maybe diving into SHIELD agents as backstage personnel? I assume Nick Fury is an active character/authority figure?

I hope this finds you well and I'd be happy to continue to help along the way if you'd like. 

Edited by MegaCity1

• 2 weeks later...

hey love this concept❤️, had a look at it and looks cool but staff options defo need fleshing out, could maybe use some of megacity1ideas for this and/or look into some of the other characters used within the MCU IE armin zola, Baron Zemo, peggy Carter Betty/Thaddeus Ross. I came up with a basic banner and logo not brill but do seem to fit the bill added them for your perusing if I can help in any way let me know as really like the look of this and would love to help

logo_MCU.jpg

banner_MCU.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bigmic88 said:

hey love this concept❤️, had a look at it and looks cool but staff options defo need fleshing out, could maybe use some of megacity1ideas for this and/or look into some of the other characters used within the MCU IE armin zola, Baron Zemo, peggy Carter Betty/Thaddeus Ross. I came up with a basic banner and logo not brill but do seem to fit the bill added them for your perusing if I can help in any way let me know as really like the look of this and would love to help

logo_MCU.jpg

banner_MCU.jpg

Staff is definitely going to be the biggest grind, I think. When I make up these scenarios, I tend to do a GFX pack to go with it usually made to my own tastes. Feel free to grab them and try them out.

Spoiler

Background
c3962613d6d1f5cdf51e243f182b53c9.jpg
Logo
5940ce095ea5a63d8996981dbff3dbb2.jpg
Banner
2bdb9fbe9e7e5167ff6f4d2ddec5db17.jpg
Button/Buttondown/Buttonoff
a5a5cbb7b2f261494e2082127d860218.jpg
2109d9628a778067cf281b53a2ad27a6.jpg
2755f48c078216b1d4ba77ecee0ac495.jpg
Example
b30afa0a5ae82ce7ec72ea5858723e4c.png

Appreciate both your and @MegaCity1 advice. It will definitely come in handy to get assistance etc in the future.

• Thanks 1

your than welcome mate had a blast with what's there so far like I say think the staff just needs filling out another idea I had was to maybe add the dceu or arrow verse to it as competition if ur interested but think its probably better to concentrate on getting the MCU right first anything u need just hit me up buddy

Edited by Bigmic88
spelling

9 hours ago, Bigmic88 said:

your than welcome mate had a blast with what's there so far like I say think the staff just needs filling out another idea I had was to maybe add the dceu or arrow verse to it as competition if ur interested but think its probably better to concentrate on getting the MCU right first anything u need just hit me up buddy

There's already a scenario with Marvel, DC, Dark Horse etc among other things floating around. This one is purely going to be Marvel based..

9 hours ago, Rocky Champ Champ said:

There's already a scenario with Marvel, DC, Dark Horse etc among other things floating around. This one is purely going to be Marvel based..

oooooo will have to look out for that one but as I say if u need anything let me now atm having a go at sorting a facepack for this mcu ony one got a few done atm is there anything u would like me to do for u buddy

got some pics for you to check out but for some reason cant upload them its a new loding screen title screen and news banners also a different background which makes reading the info easier

7 hours ago, Bigmic88 said:

got some pics for you to check out but for some reason cant upload them its a new loding screen title screen and news banners also a different background which makes reading the info easier

I've pretty much gone back to my default background anyway. There was too much going on in the other one. If you can get the others uploaded, I'll throw them on for me to have a look at.

Edited by Rocky Champ Champ

5 hours ago, Bigmic88 said:

these are what I have atm

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/gdtixjt9sy88w/GFX

just uploaded the gfx file for easiness hope u enjoy 

(must say they not professional but do the job)

All good. I’ll check it out when I get home. I’m pretty picky with how my games look but I’m not everyone so if it fits the masses, it’s all good. It’s. It like people can’t chop and change to their tastes anyway 👌

Downloaded, installed, trialed. I'll be completely honest. I'm not a fan. I can see what you were looking at doing so I'll go through what I saw as I saw it.

Title Screen: the EWR logo doesn't work with the central image. The styles are very different. If anything, I'd possibly remake the EWR logo in a MARVEL style and work the main info in upon that in some way.
Background: Basic. I like basic. Not sure if the whole black theme works overly well within the "scenario" but I do like basic. The logos in the top left and top right of the image don't work for me because while in game, they're obstructed by the buttons/company logo. I'm not sure if it's everyone's tastes but I like my things looking clean. I won;t be going forward with my current one because, like I stated earlier, there's too much going on.
Loading Screen: Stretches out as the image is not set to the correct dimensions. The characters in the image are correct except I'm not basing it on the MCU potrayals. for example. The worker pic for Captain America won't be Chris Evans playing Captain America, instead it will be using the avatars from here --> https://www.marvel.com/characters
Internet Banners: I also have a tendency to make these fit in with the background, except this time round I think I'll be making them look more like the buttons on the main page, which is why the MARVEL banner has that border. I have made up the Daily Bugle so far.
c99588443eb1eaa59316d8221e250650.jpg
But was kind of stuck on what else to do after that. May do a recreation of the WHIH logo though.

Hopefully, this doesn't come across like I don't appreciate the help, because I do. I just have a particular way of doing this with the GFX I use in game (In saying that, I don't actually play the game).
If you want to get an idea of the things I do, I started doing mor pack things in the last few pages of this thread

Edited by Rocky Champ Champ

creative criticism always welcome mate will take a look through your gear and take on board what u have said and see what I can come up with as love this type of stuff just not brilliant at it as u can see lol ahhhhh with it being called MCU I Figured u Would be going with MCU Facepack but now ive seen the others I understand y not they do make it more comic book and think it will give it a better look overall

Thanks again matey 

Yeah. The main reason for going with comic avatars is simply because of it having a larger database. I’m not going to find character portrayals for all workers otherwise. 

Play around with a few things in the graphics side. Find what you like and build up from there. 

On 31/07/2019 at 09:54, Rocky Champ Champ said:

Yeah. The main reason for going with comic avatars is simply because of it having a larger database. I’m not going to find character portrayals for all workers otherwise. 

Play around with a few things in the graphics side. Find what you like and build up from there. 

Face pack wise I have this ATM its not brilliant but I'm only using paint and paint 3D also used drawn and live action think the drawn ones are far superior but working away slowly at getting the others also there are some in there that aren't on the database thought it would help with the beefing up

changed the title screen and simplified the background and attempted to buttonize the banners but struggling due to limited programs 

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j88qii80n0x7f/EWR

take a look and see what u think and hit me up look forward to any advice u can give me

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bigmic88 said:

Found this wiki site thought it might help with the beef up of the database

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marvel_Database

That's the site used to get to where I am with the data. I really need to add more to it. Might try do a staff run through the week if motivation works for me.

• 1 month later...