EWB Fantasy Football Symposium 2019

Maxx

Sup losers?

Its almost August which means it’s time to get this show on the road again.  HC, the Brain Supreme, will be running the B-League again, so whoomp, there that is.

This is the thread where you all confirm you are interested in joining us yet again.

Its also to discuss rules and scoring and roster changes.  Is it time to finally rejigger this and reduce QB TDs to only 5 points?  Probably not.  I am toying with the idea of removing the TE spot entirely and just including it as part of the flex spot.  My reasoning is that there are barely 12 TEs worthy of a fantasy roster spot.  And the gap between the top 3 and the rest is pretty massive.  Thoughts?

Anyways who will be joining us this year?  As usual we are going for a August 1st start date for our marathon drafts 

I am in. I've been excited for this for like a month already.

I'm in favour of:

• 1x RB, 1xWR, 4xWRT  over 1xRB, 1xWR 1xTE, 3xWRT (I would be more in favour of 2xRB, 2xWR, 2xWRT)
  • Retaining 7-point (or 6. Whatever.  It was 6 now that I think about it, wasn't it?) passing touchdowns (makes it harder for people to use cheat sheets or whatever, opens up the strategy of when to go for QB at least a little)
  • Dropping to half-PPR instead of the full PPR. Reason is that it gives some importance back to WRT's who score TD's without giving too much power to catching shitty passes.

Also if we're feeling really adventurous, point per first down instead of half or full PPR would be spicy, but I don't feel too strongly about that one.

3 hours ago, Plubby said:

I am in. I've been excited for this for like a month already.

I'm in favour of:

• 1x RB, 1xWR, 4xWRT  over 1xRB, 1xWR 1xTE, 3xWRT (I would be more in favour of 2xRB, 2xWR, 2xWRT)
  • Retaining 7-point (or 6. Whatever.  It was 6 now that I think about it, wasn't it?) passing touchdowns (makes it harder for people to use cheat sheets or whatever, opens up the strategy of when to go for QB at least a little)
  • Dropping to half-PPR instead of the full PPR. Reason is that it gives some importance back to WRT's who score TD's without giving too much power to catching shitty passes.

Also if we're feeling really adventurous, point per first down instead of half or full PPR would be spicy, but I don't feel too strongly about that one.

This is the kind of thinking I like!  I assume this kind of out of the box thinking is what Kellen Moore will bring to the Cowboys offense.

• Thanks 1

Yeah it’s definitely the kind of fix I was thinking of for TEs.  It makes the most sense to me, and it’s reflective of how offenses are run more and more these days too.