EWB Fantasy Football Symposium 2019

Maxx

In again! 

I don't get the TE hate tbh. As has been said, there's around 12 good ones, there's usually enough for each team to get one, as stocking up on them with usually deprive you of a better depth piece at WR or RB anyways. 

I must be in a minority, but I think QBs are hugely overpowered - much prefer standard 4pt for passing TD scoring. 

All the being said, I'm happy to go with whatever the rules are for the league I'm placed in to. 

Oh, and full PPR > other options. :)

• Like 1

There’s 12 good ones, but the gap between the top 3 and the rest is pretty massive, and gets bigger the closer you get to 12.  Whereas with any other position, that gap isn’t nearly as large.  That’s the crux of the issue, I don’t think the position provides enough consistent value to justify forcing everyone to field one.

The one thing in favour of Tight Ends is that the top 3 fact means you can adjust your draft strategy around the value of taking one of them early.  It's a tradeoff of overall draft strategy vs an expanded pool of viable overall WRT's.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Plubby said:

The one thing in favour of Tight Ends is that the top 3 fact means you can adjust your draft strategy around the value of taking one of them early.  It's a tradeoff of overall draft strategy vs an expanded pool of viable overall WRT's.

Yeah, I agree with this. It adds additional strategy to the draft. 

• Like 1

I’m here! Sorry for the delay guys. Started medical school this week. Will tag everyone soon.

So we got me, @Slogger, @Ace Berimmer, @DFF, @DavidMarrio @caMeron esposiTo Forbes, @Pooker @SeanDMan confirmed.

Paging...

@Jake O. Rhodes

@munky

@Asuka's Gonna Kill You

Should have an open spot as well assuming everyone returns, unless Maxx wants to do double duty again.

Also I assume Berober will be honoring the terms of our bet.

Edited by HC
  • Like 1

On 18/07/2019 at 09:33, Trent Buschetta said:

Unless I was in a position to get Gronk, and now he's no longer even in the league, I nearly always save my TE until my second to last pick of the draft before kicker.  It's an unimportant fantasy position.

I'm fine with a TE slot.  Can live with a WRT if the league prefers that.

It surprises me so many teams in this league will draft kickers as early as they do.

22 hours ago, HC said:

I’m here! Sorry for the delay guys. Started medical school this week. Will tag everyone soon.

So we got me, @Slogger, @Ace Berimmer, @DFF, @DavidMarrio @caMeron esposiTo Forbes, @Pooker @SeanDMan confirmed.

Paging...

@Jake O. Rhodes

@munky

@Asuka's Gonna Kill You

Should have an open spot as well assuming everyone returns, unless Maxx wants to do double duty again.

Also I assume Berober will be honoring the terms of our bet.

Someone is clearly scared to have me in their league again 

Don't remember which I was in last year...whichever one had @The Chiksrara Special in it.

I think I'm in..my only problem is if I have to pick while I'm at work.  My cell coverage at work SUCKS, sometimes not even getting a signal at all

Could be worse, you could have had the second overall pick last year. -_-

14 hours ago, Maxx said:

Someone is clearly scared to have me in their league again 

ZERO FEAR

24 minutes ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

I'm in.

Edit: Hopefully we stick with the TE position. Think I've picked Ertz and Kittle the last two seasons before they broke out.

I will let B league vote on it, but I too favor keeping TE slots.

1 hour ago, DMN said:

Are we thinking of getting rid of the TE? Wack. It's my favorite position on offense, the one that can take an offense from good to great. I think there's definitely enough talent at the position for ten team PPR leagues.

We probably at 12, probably 1/2 point PPR and the talent pool is really shallow.

8 hours ago, Maxx said:

We probably at 12, probably 1/2 point PPR and the talent pool is really shallow.

Unlike the FB, I don't think the TE is really going anywhere, so I don't really like removing a position for, ultimately, what just seems to be people thinking it's a down period for the position, but in the end it's not really a deal breaker or anything, I'd just prefer to keep it.

Pretty much every team still uses a TE, to my knowledge, I'd almost argue that if you want to get rid of it as a position you might as well go completely position-less.

• Like 1