NFL 2019

Maxx

Am I being awful if I say I don't think Patrick Chung should be punished? If the report is right the police responded to an alarm and found cocaine in his house. If it was just recreational at the house it feels like it shouldn't be a problem to me.

2 hours ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

But can she do it on a cold, windy weekend in Chicago?

Seems like no one but Robbie Gould can :( 

• Like 1

If he doesn’t take the deal to be the 2nd highest paid RB, he can play out his rookie deal and bounce.  I love Zeke but he’s yet to prove he can go through an offseason without being an idiot.  You don’t get to be the top paid player at your position if your team can’t be sure you won’t get yourself suspended 

• Like 1

It’s a dumb move for his camp to hold out with no leverage besides making the team better if he plays.  Cowboys own his rights for the next two years.  Don’t come in asking to be the highest paid running back when the team can just say “nah, play out your rookie deal or sit out and roll it back another year”

It's smart to make the effort now so that you can potentially get the third contract before the wheels fall off and he turns 30. Whether it works is another question but they should definitely try to do it based on how contracts are handed out to RBs. 

Sure, shoot your shot.  But this is the best offer he’s going to get given the circumstances, and he and his team are fools not to take it.  The Cowboys haven’t even started to exert their leverage in the situation.

I think Mariota is what he is. The only way you'll see some form of improve out of him is if his receivers can take a major step forward. With the right wide out Corp, he could look like an all-pro. But he will never be a QB that can make a decent WR into an all-pro.

8 minutes ago, Toe said:

Does anyone think Marcus Mariota is going to finally take a step forward this season? Or could you see the Titans moving on after this season?

There's a reason Ryan Tannehill is there. 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

If he doesn’t take the deal to be the 2nd highest paid RB, he can play out his rookie deal and bounce.  I love Zeke but he’s yet to prove he can go through an offseason without being an idiot.  You don’t get to be the top paid player at your position if your team can’t be sure you won’t get yourself suspended 

Neither Dak or Zeke deserve what they're asking for. Dak wants Super Bowl winner money, and Zeke has behavior issues. Plus with Pollard peforming well in the preseason, I wouldn't really  have a problem if they just let Zeke sit out his contract and go suck eggs. Pay Cooper, tell Dak's agent that if he can find a decent trade with a team willing to pay Dak what he's asking for, go for it or take what Dallas is offering if they can't, and let Zeke sit out his contract. No point in crippling the team down the road by paying all 3 clowns, then not having money  to spend when they really need it.

Oh, and some idiot on Facebook is calling Jerry Jones a racist piece of shit for not paying Zeke what he's asking for. :rolleyes:

Dak wants what starting QBs are getting paid, and he’s at the point in his contract where he needs to get paid.  He’s asking for the high side, which is too much, but you aren’t getting a starting QB for under $30 million a year anymore unless it’s a rookie.  That’s just where the NFL is now.  He’ll find someone to pay him that, he won’t find someone to make him the highest paid QB in the league.