NFL 2019

Maxx

I don’t appreciate the Eagles funny little game of making us get into the playoffs and risk winning a game and extending Jason Garrett.  Just take the division lead you shits

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Lineklaus said:

Minshewmania resumes against the Chargers next week.

I thought the benching of Foles was completely idiotic - Minshew is hilariously memeworthy but he's not shown that his ceiling is clearly higher than Foles; especially consdering Foles lost a child during the offseason and then broke a clavicle so it's not like he's been 100% this year.

• Played decent against the Chiefs before he went down to injury
  • Did ok versus the Titans
  • He played good vs the Colts (not his fault the Colts put up 33 points and had two 100 yard rushers)
  • Bit of a dud vs the Bucs but everyone has a bad game here and there...
  • For example guys like Leonard fournette who in the 3 games Foles has started has averaged a whopping 52 yards per game

55 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I don’t appreciate the Eagles funny little game of making us get into the playoffs and risk winning a game and extending Jason Garrett.  Just take the division lead you shits

You may be my favorite Cowboys fan ever.

31 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

I thought the benching of Foles was completely idiotic - Minshew is hilariously memeworthy but he's not shown that his ceiling is clearly higher than Foles; especially consdering Foles lost a child during the offseason and then broke a clavicle so it's not like he's been 100% this year.

• Played decent against the Chiefs before he went down to injury
  • Did ok versus the Titans
  • He played good vs the Colts (not his fault the Colts put up 33 points and had two 100 yard rushers)
  • Bit of a dud vs the Bucs but everyone has a bad game here and there...
  • For example guys like Leonard fournette who in the 3 games Foles has started has averaged a whopping 52 yards per game

Marrone is coaching for his job, so he's gonna throw anything and everything at the wall right now.

They are only really committed to Foles for one more season, so if Marrone can show that he has found the long-term QB he can probably save his bacon. 

13 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Marrone is coaching for his job, so he's gonna throw anything and everything at the wall right now.

They are only really committed to Foles for one more season, so if Marrone can show that he has found the long-term QB he can probably save his bacon. 

Is that how Foles' salary is guaranteed? I thought it was over 4 years

56 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Is that how Foles' salary is guaranteed? I thought it was over 4 years

Yeah that have an out before the 2021 season where there isn't a ton of dead money. They frontloaded it, I suppose expecting that they'd have to deal with a massive cap hit from Ramsey in a few years. And also probably playing it safe given his non-January and February 2018 play the past 5 seasons.

25 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

I almost forgot that not even two years ago the Jags were half a quarter away from going to a Super Bowl.

And to think they'd have gone if Marrone didn't play the most conservative football ever seen.

So since I hate the Lions, I'm hopping on the Seahawks band wagon.

My favorite player is now a Seahawk (Diggs), my favorite QB is there, cool colors, and I've loved the way they build their team since the Legion of Boom days. 

Or Baltimore,  loved the way they build their teams. They have down years on occasion but the track record of success is there.

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

So since I hate the Lions, I'm hopping on the Seahawks band wagon.

My favorite player is now a Seahawk (Diggs), my favorite QB is there, cool colors, and I've loved the way they build their team since the Legion of Boom days. 

Or Baltimore,  loved the way they build their teams. They have down years on occasion but the track record of success is there.

Since 2000 I believe only the Steelers and Patriots have had fewer sub-.500 seasons than Baltimore. They might be tied with the likes of Seattle and Green Bay though.

1 minute ago, damsher hatfield said:

Cleveland needs to call him right now. He's a proven top 10 coach.

His style would be perfect for Cleveland and that division, imo. No matter how pass happy the league gets, if you can't run the ball in the cold, the rain, and the snow, you aren't winning the AFC North when you have to go to Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Just now, Maxx said:

A little generous

Belicheck, Carroll, Tomlin, Payton, Reid, Harbaugh. I'd put those six above him without argument. I'd slot Rivera in with Gruden, Pederson, Shanahan, Arians, and McVay, who are either up and down, or need to prove it over a longer time, in the next tier.

I feel like I'm missing someone.