NFL 2019

Maxx

10 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

The Giants are an immediate front runner if only because Dave Gettleman cannot resist anyone associated with the Panthers or Cardinals.

In that case, he's welcome to Vance Joseph and we'll happily take Rivera.

He'll be the favorite for just about every job that opens up.

Though, his whole appeal is the offense he runs with a very specific kind of QB. Newton isn't that kind of QB anymore, I doubt after all his injuries he wants to run an option-focused offense. And there isn't exactly a replacement out there who can fit the bill.

It might be like when he was in SF and his name got thrown around. Teams decided against it because of his style of offense. But the Ravens are meticulous in coaching their own coaches up. They want every coach to become a coordinator, and every coordinator to become an HC. It allows them to attract the best coaching talent.

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

I can't imagine Newton is going to be in Carolina next year anyway. This feels like the perfect time for a Panthers reboot. 

Probably depends on who the next head coach is. I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I've got a feeling the Panthers might give Newton one more season before he moves on.

The sad thing is the Giants pulled Eli as the starter right as he fell to .500 in his regular season career.  As bad as the Eagles have looked recently, the Giants are far worse and haven't beaten the Eagles in years.  So now Eli gets to lose to Philly one last time to go below .500

Yet if he manages to pull off an unlikely victory and mess up Philly's season in the process, it'll just fuck up the draft.  Total no-win situation for the Giants.

They dropped an insane stat on First Take. The Ravens have something north of 140 RUSHING first downs this season. That's like 12 a game. 12 first downs a game on the ground. The NFL average is 5.6, and the next closest team is Indianapolis at 8.

The Baltimore Ravens are a meat grinder, and I, for one, am all for it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DMN said:

They dropped an insane stat on First Take. The Ravens have something north of 140 RUSHING first downs this season. That's like 12 a game. 12 first downs a game on the ground. The NFL average is 5.6, and the next closest team is Indianapolis at 8.

The Baltimore Ravens are a meat grinder, and I, for one, am all for it.

And the craziest thing is, it feels that most of those runs aren't grindy 'rush the big lad through the middle' plays either, they have so many Run-Run-Pass options going in their offensive playbook that even teams that manage to stop plays can't stop them from at least getting 2-3 yards, before they chance it on 4th and short where they have a 50+ conversion rate. The versatility commands enough respect on defense that they can't commit to anything without leaving another option open for big gains.

It's hoping that attrition sets in during a drive that forces the Ravens to take risks that don't get enough so they can force a punt or even a ToD, because else they're going to get at least 3 points every single drive with the GOAT kicker, or more with their historically potent offense.

4 hours ago, DMN said:

There are only three things that can happen on a pass, and two of them are bad.

1- Not being able to watch Derrick Henry stomp defenders into puddles 

2- Not being able to watch Derrick Henry stomp defenders into puddles

3- Being able to see Derrick Henry catch a ball maybe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1